Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Tonight I have asked that my forum account be removed from DCUK.


I can no longer be a member let alone a moderator of a forum whose administration team have consistently shown poor management, questionable moral judgement and a lack of any sort of thought through decision making.. We have a forum that is being administrated by two young adults who lack the appropriate skill set / experience to act decisively.  

DCUK have members that are having to resort to legal action against other members to stop bullying and personal attacks and the administration team have done nothing.. DCUK have a moderator (Daisy) who has been implicated by multiple users as actively targeting them and directing them to ABC Diabetes so that they can be caught up and manipulated.. the end result of which was a terminally ill man being harassed to his death bed and other members seeking legal advice re: DCUK; what have they done? NOTHING.. DCUK have an administration team that has totally lost contact with the day to day feeling of general forum members; promoting a moderation approach that stifles meaningful discussion and treats members like children... two examples today where the overwhelming feeling in the thread was totally ignored and the threads moderated / closed. 

Today DCUK banned / threaten certain members who are active contributors with previous good behaviour for doing nothing but voicing a harsh yet TRUTHFUL fact that diabetes does kill... members who have actively support said community over the past six months... the sort of members that DCUK should be protecting and nurturing in order to ensure a strong community going forward. If contributors can't tell the truth, if posts are removed or edited for presenting the harsh yet frank reality of diabetes and life then what is the point of a discussion forum? If people can't have a view then why should they bother? why don't we just redirect the website to DUK... 

Anyway that's me done with DCUK

Best Regards To All

Pneu

14 comments:

fibreclaireUK said...

sniffle, sniffle....much love Pneu XXX

Anonymous said...

If you want to stay around at DCUK it doesn't pay to be one of the good guys, and you're definitely one of the good guys Pneu. Must get it from someone !

Geoff

Lowcarb team member said...

Four years on and history repeats itself time and again at DCUK why ? Because it is a site like other SiteFinders sites, based on exploitation of people in trouble and need help. More tomorrow on how they operate.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

It was ever thus at DCUK.

John

catza said...

I am disgusted about what has happened on DCUK to-day. A powerful resource has been put in jeopardy and people whose only aim is to help others have been forced to reconsider their membership.

Pnue you will be sorely missed but I can fully understand why you have had to disassociate yourself from the forum.

Anonymous said...

I wonder where this post will go? Deleted once it gets too close to the truth no doubt!

Censorship

Ray

Disgusted said...

Just in on DCUK threads:

Re: Forum Rules Poll

Unread postby Sid Bonkers » 5 minutes ago
Way too cryptic for me, how on earth can anyone vote when we dont have a clue what the hell your on about xyzzy?

Surprise surprise Sid, when did you ever have a clue about anything you thread-locking Tw@

Anonymous said...

Bye

Lowcarb team member said...

"Surprise surprise Sid, when did you ever have a clue about anything you thread-locking Tw@"


I agree Sid has just enough grey matter to fall out of bed and turn a computer on, then he has enough grey matter to disrupt just about every thread he posts on. Every village needs an idiot. He is about as much use as a rubber beak on a woodpecker.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

fortunately, Pneu seems to have decided to stay and help us at DCUK, not as a mod, just an ordinary Sh*t-stirrer. at least he will be able to now give a informed view of what goes on on "Planet Mod"

Eat to your meter Diabetes said...

Pneu, I am so very sad to read this. I am also now considering my own position within the DCUK forum community. Like you I feel things have just gone too far to be able to post there any longer.

I would like to put my side of the story re my ban if I may? I posted a strongly worded post yesterday, and was chastised like a naughty child by Benedict. I replied saying I absolutely stood by my post, and perhaps it would be a good idea if he let me know what advice I could or could not give. I then logged of as I was busy. When I returned to the forum and tried to log in, I saw the ban. This is what I was banned for saying "We all know, tight control will mean we are doing everything possible to ensure we die able to see and with our feet attached." This sentence was NOT posted yesterday, but some time ago, so why was I banned yesterday for a comment I made a while back?

It has been noted on the forum today, admin still have a platform to slur my name, yet I have no such recourse. If the admin of DCUK think that their forum is so important in my life they are sadly mistaken.

My understanding is; there were a few threats and warning dished out yesterday, along with my two week suspension. It seems very strange to me this should all kick of so suddenly.

The DCUK forum is a wonderful resource, and helps many people, as it did me when I was first diagnosed, however until such time as there is a level playing field, then it is going to remain a place where opening your mouth in such a way that is against personal viewpoints will get you banned, be it temporary such as mine, or lifetime as was threatened yesterday. It seems the forum is now to be aimed at children, rather than adults, and as an adult it seems I am Persona non grata.

Defren

Pneu said...

Anonymous said...
fortunately, Pneu seems to have decided to stay and help us at DCUK, not as a mod, just an ordinary Sh*t-stirrer. at least he will be able to now give a informed view of what goes on on "Planet Mod"

8 November 2012 13:42

------------------------------
I am still waiting for Ben to remove my account... I suspect with some of the other moderators resigning and the shit storm on his forum at the moment he is a little busy.

I know a lot of us will most likely be leaving for good shortly at any rate.. I very much doubt anything will change; which leaves anyone with 1/2 a brain cell in a position whereby they are on a forum which massively censors what is and is not acceptable to post..


Lowcarb team member said...

"Anonymous said...
fortunately, Pneu seems to have decided to stay and help us at DCUK, not as a mod, just an ordinary Sh*t-stirrer. at least he will be able to now give a informed view of what goes on on "Planet Mod""

Hi Pneu

We let a small number of negative stuff through, as part of our care in the community program. Even the nutters need a place to hang out other than Carbos cesspit for the failed and deranged.

Eddie

fibreclaireUK said...

sending love and support Defren and Pneu.

I expect the recent thread on Traumatised forum members will soon be deleted too.