Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 May 2013

People can't keep to lowcarb and other myths !

I have been low carbing with Eddie for five years now and I haven't withered away, gone down with any terrible disease. In fact my health is good, my energy levels good and do you know what? I would and do recommend a low carb lifestyle to everyone I meet.Over the years I have heard more times than I care to remember people say "I can't possibly stick to low carb it's not healthy, it's dangerous, it's boring." Well it isn't, yes that is my opinion but also the opinion of many others out there. Check out comments on this blog, other blogs and forums. The good news about Low Carb, High Fat is growing daily and YOU can be part of it. It's my turn to cook tonight so I am cheating YES shock, horror I'm doing a Delia well sort of. We've had this before courtesy of Waitrose it tastes great and and the low carb content will not be taking Eddie's BG numbers into the danger zone. Oh and BTW each complete meal is around ten carbs per person, less than one slice of tastless white bread.

Waitrose £10 meal deal

The starter poached salmon mousse x 2. Poached salmon 55% full fat soft cheese 20% mayonnaise 10% butter, water, tomato puree. Carbs. 0.5g per mousse.

Mediterranean Roasting Vegetables 400gram.  Red onion 29% Courgette 20% Red pepper 19% Yellow Pepper 18% Cherry Tomatoes 11% Olive Oil, garlic puree, basil. Carbohydrate 6.4 grams per half pack.

Chicken Fillets with caesar melt 380gram. Chicken 68% Cherry Tomatoes 12% Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese 4% Pork Belly 4% Wheat Flour, Single Cream, Whole Milk, Water, Butter, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper, Cornflour, Garlic Puree, Potato Starch, Yeast. Carbohydrates per half pack 4 .8 grams

Total Carbohydrates per person per complete meal 11.7 grams

All the best Jan 

P.S. It's a great bottle of wine and is included in the price.

P.P.S. I have just checked my till receipt, and full price of this meal would have cost £16-46 if the items had been bought individually. At our local gastro pub we wouldn't have got any change out of £40-00!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It annoys me when people say that low carb is impossible to stick to. One just needs to make the effort. The trouble is that people with a lot less knowledge, (but who think they are experts in nutrition and diet), will treat someone eating a low carb diet as an idiot. Being ridiculed is what puts a lot of people off of following a low carb diet. I personally keep very quiet about it, I am bored with people telling me how I'm going to give myself heart disease by eating butter.

Exceptionally Brash said...

OH, I could NEVER do this! lol. I luv my greens too much. I think I would add a bag of kale. Yep, every night, how disastrous and boring is that?

Anonymous said...

I feel much better since improved diet and include more fat. Now use butter. Deals shops do are amazing bargain sometimes.
Ciara