Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 November 2015

Is this your idea of safe diabetes control?

After much noise on the internet re. the diabetes.co.uk new low carb diet plan, universally accepted as an information gathering exercise of members private information (to be sold to big pharma?*) Or plain and simple jumping on the low carb bandwagon, now that low carb is going mainstream, I spotted this over there last night. Very misleading for the newly diagnosed diabetic or poorly advised in my opinion. The first section in green is safe, the first green and yellow section is when organ damage starts to occur. This chart does not show red until into very highly dangerous BG numbers. 



Not my idea of safe diabetes control, but does fit in with the woeful information cut and pasted ad infinitum to the forum newbies. If diabetes.co.uk is genuinely interested in low carb and helping diabetics to a safe place, why is dangerous information still being posted with their name and logo proudly displayed.

* "One of the ways the website makes money is by charging to put organisations such as pharmaceutical companies doing medical trials in touch with forum members who have diabetes."

From the Coventry Telegraph here. A "Ratner Moment" if ever I saw one.


Eddie

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Scary stuff............that really worries me.

Lowcarb team member said...

Anon Troll

Clearly you work for the forum of flog, or a mod or mentally ill. I thank you for your hundreds of ranting abusive comments over the last year or so, I think ten in a day was your record. If you could increase your daily ravings I would be much obliged. As we sell nothing and are a not for money outfit (unlike those money grabbers at the flog) page views earn us no money. But I like to know many people read our bog, and you are probably our most avid reader.

Stay tuned for my posts next week, I know you can hardly wait.

Have a nice weekend

Eddie x

Lowcarb team member said...

Cheryl
Many thanks for your thoughts and comments, always pleased to receive, read and share them.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Anon

You really are a numbskull. I have never stopped posting at the forum of flog. Do you think I have never heard of proxy servers. Do you think someone like me would not post the low carb good news on the so called "largest diabetes forum in Europe" get a grip you chump. Win a prize, a coconut, try and guess who I am over there.

Eddie

chris c said...

More people who have never heard of EPIC-Norfolk (Kay-Tee Khaw) which also has a five year followup, and a huge New Zealand study (Elley et al.) which showed a direct linear correlation between HbA1c and cardiovascular risk, starting from truly normal A1c of below 5. OR the studies that show while microvascular risk is correlated with A1c, macrovascular risk is correlated with peak postprandial glucose numbers.

These recommendations guarantee progression and more sales for their sponsors.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lowcarb team member said...
Anon

You really are a numbskull. I have never stopped posting at the forum of flog. Do you think I have never heard of proxy servers. Do you think someone like me would not post the low carb good news on the so called "largest diabetes forum in Europe" get a grip you chump. Win a prize, a coconut, try and guess who I am over there.


Bugger I thought it was my turn to delete the Pillsbury Dough Boys posts tonight

Love and hugs
Graham