Wednesday, 30 November 2016
Coffee and Walnut Sponge Cake : Low Carb Treat
Wednesday already - where do the weeks go!
Amid all the hustle and bustle why not take time to enjoy a small slice of cake.
I can recommend this one, goes especially nice with a mid-afternoon cuppa ...
100 grams of ground almonds
100 grams of walnuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double (heavy) cream
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
100 grams of clotted cream
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter, I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of instant coffee in a cup and pour some boiling water over the coffee, keep water to a minimum, just enough to melt the coffee. Then add the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Microwave in a 700 watt for 5 minutes in a 6" x 3" micro-wave safe glass dish.
5. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on clotted cream and add walnut halves.
Serves 6 , around five carbs per portion.
Please note this cake is very low in carbs, but quite high in calories, so have a small slice !
Whatever you may have got planned please
All the best Jan