Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 March 2013

Phoenix Child Bride Shock !

I thought I'd seen it all on diabetes forums but the revelation that the well known extreme anti low carber phoenix was in fact a child bride at the tender age of eleven was definitely a shock for me.

Quote:

By the way, 'm quite proud of I having run the odd marathon and have had HbA1cs below 6 for the last 7.5 years ( My last marathon was less than 2 years ago at age 59 . ( care to join me and my OH in our next half marathon to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary in August .)

Update

Edited for Typo which added 10 years to my marriage and gave a few moments hilarity to others who like to make fun of people . Sad really

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37618&start=30#p3551


What's really sad is the way phoenix an insulin dependent  and a self proclaimed Type 2 diabetes expert has spent over four years running down LCHF. When I say she is supportive of the Hope Warshaw high carb meds route for us T2's and posts on the carbsane asylum to that effect you will realise what I mean.

Graham

6 comments:

tess said...

you know those carb-scarfers though, Graham -- the brain is the next thing to go after the pancreas! ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

tess said...
you know those carb-scarfers though, Graham -- the brain is the next thing to go after the pancreas! ;-)

That does seem a regular occurrence among the LC skeptics Tess.

Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

Anon @ 09.25

Sorry no one going by that name on the team.

Your comment has been deleted.

Anonymous said...

Post has been edited; I think she’s a bit miffed with you Graham LOL

Gave me a laugh anyway!

LCF

Lowcarb team member said...

Me and phoenix go back a long way so it's not the first time she's been "miffed" with me and I doubt it will be the last.

Another thing I spotted on her post is the amount of carbs she consumes:

Quote:

it varies but mostly between 130 and 180g a day

Given her 1800 calories diet she falls way short of the 45 - 65% carbs per day approx 202g - 290g that she reckons T2s should be consuming on the same amount of calories.

Graham

Lori Miller said...

Maybe it just feels like 50 years.