Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 November 2019

Chaffles : Low Carb : Keto : Good for Diabetics




The low-carb keto waffle that has taken the world by storm! This recipe gets rave reviews and is the perfect base to get creative. Want savoury chaffles? Add ham and chives. Sweet chaffles? Add vanilla and cinnamon. The possibilities are endless. Why not whip up some delicious chaffles for your next Sunday brunch!

But you may be saying ...
I've not heard of them!
I've not tried one!

Should I try them? 
Well, they certainly fit with my LCHF menu plans, and let me share some more information about them. 

If you haven’t heard of the term “chaffle” yet
It's the latest craze that has taken the diabetes community by storm! 

What is a chaffle you ask?
A chaffle is basically a cheese and egg alternative to bread, cooked in a mini (or regular, just adjust recipes accordingly) waffle maker that can be used for anything from breakfast foods straight through to your after-dinner treat. It basically acts as a base to any creative concoction you can conjure up. 


Why are people with diabetes so excited about chaffles?
Well for one, those of us who love to experiment with new low-carb options now have this new blank canvas to create from. But more importantly, this latest cooking invention can also help keep your blood sugars in check straight from morning till night! That's good news! 

But you don't have to be diabetic to enjoy them, why not give them a try! 

Ingredients
Serves Four
2g net carb per serving
1 oz. / 30g butter
4 eggs
8 oz. / 225g mozzarella cheese

4 tbsp. / 30g almond flour
Tips
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated.
Good low-carb options include sugar-free whipped cream, nut butters, or fresh berries. To make the berries juicy like a sauce, heat them for a minute in the microwave, or warm them in a saucepan.

Instructions
can be seen here

Low-Carb Pantry Essentials
Almond flour/meal and Coconut flour are just two of "some low-carb pantry essentials that are needed to be successful on your road to low-carb living. There are 20 items you should have in your pantry … many of which you might already have! All of them are nutrition packed and perfect for starting your low-carb life. Have fun cooking and baking up a storm!" see more here 

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas, and articles, within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Another blogger introduced me to chaffles a while back.
I am not a fan of waffles, but these could be a positive switch.

Valerie-Jael said...

One of my fave foods, great for lazy people who want a quick and healthy meal! Valerie

Chatty Crone said...

I just bought a little machine for $10 - so here I go!

Tom said...

...I had never heard of these until a day or so ago. Another blog featured them.

CJ Kennedy said...

Interesting.

William Kendall said...

That's a new one to me.

happyone said...

No, haven't heard of chaffles, but they look good.

DVArtist said...

Oh I think I will try this and send the recipe to my brother. He is type 1. Thanks so much.

Rose said...

I had heard of this recipe, or one similar, but had not heard it called that.

Lorrie said...

These are new to me, but sound like they might be pretty good.

Margaret D said...

Never heard of them, reading is interesting.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I am also one who haven't chaffles

Elderberry-Rob said...

this is interesting, thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I'm surprised the cheese does not stick to the pan.

Iris Flavia said...

And another receipe added :-) I´ll tried it with our mini-mini-oven.

Jo said...

I've never heard of chaffles, definitely something to try.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would definitely like to try this recipe, looks yummy! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Never heard of chaffles.

God bless.

Evi Erlinda said...

Looks so yummy!

NatureFootstep said...

this looks very good :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have a waffle iron, but had never heard of chaffles before. They certainly LOOK delicious.

Martha said...

First time I hear of this. Sounds delicious!

Helen said...

I have created chaffle monsters ~ so many I have lost count!

Lee said...

I'm constantly teasing my very good friend who is on the Keto diet about "Chaffles"....she bought a waffle/chaffle iron not long ago...(long story attached, hence my teasing).

Sue said...

This is the first time I've heard of these, but I may now have to buy a waffle maker. I meant to reply to this earlier but your blog always takes me off on a tangent - today it's been alternative flours and sweeteners lol. Have a very happy week, Sue xx