Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Tuesday Trio : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (5)

It's Tuesday Trio Time
This week, I thought let's put the 'O' in November
and highlight some low carb Omelettes 

Seafood Omelette
It's fabulous, and ready-in-fifteen-minutes, a seafood omelette,
dressed in a creamy sauce, with garlic, fennel, and chili, a very nice mix indeed. 

Ingredients
Serves Two
2g carb per serving
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 oz. / 140 g cooked shrimp or seafood mix
1 red chili pepper
2 garlic cloves (optional)
½ teaspoon fennel seeds or ground cumin (if preferred)
½ cup / 120 ml mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh chives
6 eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter

salt and pepper to taste 
Note
If you may be feeling indulgent you could always swap the shrimp for canned lump crab meat
Instructions
can be found here

Omelette with a goat’s cheese twist 
I just love the mix of eggs, chives and goats cheese,
simply served with a side salad. Yum !

Ingredients
Serves One
3 eggs
Handful fresh chives, finely chopped
½ tbsp. olive oil
30g goat's cheese
Instructions
can be seen here

Omelette Greek Salad Style 
It's so easy to enjoy a taste of Greece in your own home with this recipe suggestion.
It's quick and simple, and can be enjoyed anytime!
I think you'll just love how the feta melts when put under the grill ... yum!

Ingredients
Serves Four
10 eggs
handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
large handful black olives, (pitted are easier to eat)
100g feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper
Instructions
can be seen here

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Tuesday Trio'. Of course there is a wonderful variety of omelette recipes to enjoy... but I wonder have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three? I could just enjoy the Greek salad style one ... 
See more 'Tuesday Trio' posts here 

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

32 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

All those omelets look good. (Had one yesterday by the way:) Especially the Greek Salad Style.
Have a wondrous day.

Tom said...

...eggs always start my day!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a simple cheese omelette recently. That seafood one sounds delicious and a little different.

Tina

Valerie-Jael said...

I love omelettes, so these all sound wonderful to me! Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely omelettes perfect for the cold weather.

Susan Kane said...

The seafood omelette would hit the spot.

Bill said...

Had a cheese omelette for dinner tonight with salsa.
I would love to try the seafood one seeing that I love seafood.

Catarina said...

Great ideas. I have made omelette with shrimps. It is good. But what I have been eating lately... maybe too often.... is scrambled eggs with cottage cheese!! Creamy... delicious! I thank you again for that suggestion. :))

Rain said...

Okay now that I'm drooling...I'm thinking a mix of seafood AND goat cheese in an omelet!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I am quite the omelet fan.
Coffee is on

Jeanie said...

Seafood omelet? Bring it on! They all look so good -- I don't know which I'd try first!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Martha said...

Oh, so delicious! I have to try these. Thank you!

Conniecrafter said...

Now if you were asking my hubby he would love to try any of them I am sure, I am a very basic girl and just like my eggs scrambled with nothing, I know there must be something wrong with me :)

baili said...

such tasty looking winter meals :)
thank you for wonderful recipes dear Jan
i found them so appealing
wishing you more blessings ahead my friend !

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love goat cheese and I love shrimp, so all of these sound good. However, you can keep the chili pepper, I'm not fond of the heat.

Teresa said...

Muy buenas recetas. Besitos.

Iris Flavia said...

I´d go for the goat’s cheese twist! But I, darn it, still have potatoes!

Margaret D said...

They look delicious and it's something I've not eaten often.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, all the omelets look delicious. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the comment and visit.Enjoy your day and week ahead,Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

That seafood omelette looks especially delicious. But you've got to love a good omelette. Hugs-Erika

Jo said...

Oh yum, it's the Greek Salad for me.

Ygraine said...

Oh WOW...such delicious looking omelettes!
I haven't had one for ages...so many thanks for inspiring me!šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Have a super day!

Hugs xxx

Debbie said...

i had lobster salad, aside, an omelet in a restaurant on sunday, the combination was delightful!! these all sound delicious!!

Chris Lally said...

Something for everyone! Impossible to choose:)

sandy said...

omelette with goat cheese twist, yum.

William Kendall said...

I'd go for the second or third.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for these, I love a good omelet.

Sami said...

We consume a lot of eggs and I like the sound of the Seafood omelette.
Thanks Jan

dellgirl said...

These look so delicious. I would choose the Seafood omelette first, I LOVE Seafood and omelettes.

Lorrie said...

Although it's Friday already, these all look delicious, especially the shrimp variation. YUM!

carol l mckenna said...

Great egg recipes ^_^


Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)