Total Pageviews

Friday 15 November 2019

Miracle Drug: The Discovery of Insulin

In 1920's Toronto, four researchers, including an unlikely country doctor and a world renowned research physician who were often at odds with each other, developed a miracle drug to treat an illness that had perplexed medical science for millennia. Without doubt, one of the greatest medical science discoveries ever made, and has saved countless millions of lives.

Whether you are a diabetic or not, I think you will find this short video presentation fascinating.  Eddie

13 comments:

Pam said...

I was a diabetic, well, I am one cause once you become one you are always one and it never comes off your record. HOWEVER with the gastric by pass surgery almost 3 yrs ago mine became UNDER CONTROL. Its nice cause I was on Metformin and it was wicked on my stomach. I have IBS anyway and that med made it more so....

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing!

Sandi said...

Wow!

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to read this later when I have 15 minutes - seems VERY interesting. Thanks.

William Kendall said...

As a Canadian, it's a story that we're quite familiar with.

This N That said...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I did not know insulin had been around that long..

My name is Erika. said...

It was a great film and very informative. Good for me to learn a bit ore new things since I teach biology. And I didn't know this history story. Happy weekend.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing

Kay said...

This was really interesting. I have a friend who is very grateful for this discovery. I am too since I am diabetic as well though I don't need insulin.... yet.

Margaret D said...

Good to hear the history -thanks for sharing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Very interesting indeed. Thanks! Valerie

Phil Slade said...

Two of my pals are diabetic but it is not something they discuss so I was not aware of this story, only that they are careful what they eat.

carol l mckenna said...

It was quite a discovery ~ great post ^_^


Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)