Total Pageviews

Friday 8 November 2019

Vegan Tempeh Burger with Portobello Bun : Lower Carb Recipe


As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, music and recipes! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here 

In recent months we have seen that more and more we have regular readers, and followers, who choose to eat vegetarian or vegan. With that in mind I am passing on this recipe suggestion from Naomi Sherman who says … "you’ll need two hands to tuck into this incredible vegan burger. Tender, juicy and flavourful tempeh patties are topped with juicy fixings and cradled between an easy Portobello mushroom bun. Low-carb, yes, but it's high protein, nutrients, and flavour, too!"

Ingredients:
Serves Four
16g carbs per serving
16 oz. (450g) tempeh
½ cup (125ml) vegetable stock
2 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp. dried thyme
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided

4 whole Portobello mushrooms
4 Romaine lettuce leaves

2 tomatoes, sliced

Instructions:
and more to read here

Talking about vegan recipes! Have you tried this 'Cheezy Vegan Broccoli Soup'? more details here 

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I must say, it looks good.

Catarina said...

Portobello bun?!!! How about that! Will give it a try.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious.

Tina

Jo said...

That looks delicious.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems many companies are now selling plant based burgers, but this is even better. I am going to copy this recipe, Jan. It sounds like something I would be proud to share with my meat loving friends, too.

Christine said...

sounds delicious, this plant based burger.

Martha said...

Looks so good!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great, thanks. Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Yum - and thank you.

William Kendall said...

That sounds different.

My name is Erika. said...

I am hungry so this looks and sounds delicious! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Evi Erlinda said...

I love tempeh!
Looks great, I've never imagine to have portobello bun before :)

magiceye said...

Yum yum droolsome!

Chris Lally said...

Thanks for the vegan option, Jan! We've switched to a plant based diet recently, so this recipe is very timely:)

Pam said...

HAHA...when I visit your page I have to laugh, I think to myself that I must be one picky eater! I don't like mushrooms! OOPS...and not a fan of veggie burgers. I am a real beef eater. I think a lot of that has to do with being O positive, needing iron. Thank you for always stopping by the blog and saying hi.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I had to click on tempeh to find out what it is.

God bless.

CJ Kennedy said...

Thanks for providing the link because I didn't know what Tempeh was.

pam nash said...

A Portobella Bun - good idea.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh sooo good.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks to you all for sharing your thoughts and comments.

I noticed that Pam said...
HAHA...when I visit your page I have to laugh, I think to myself that I must be one picky eater! I don't like mushrooms! OOPS...and not a fan of veggie burgers. I am a real beef eater. I think a lot of that has to do with being O positive, needing iron. Thank you for always stopping by the blog and saying hi.

Hello Pam, thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts and comments.
This link is for you, and any other beef burger lovers ...
'Beef-burger, delicious served with Mushrooms and Cheesy Leeks' (for those who don't like mushrooms just substitute another low carb vegetable choice)
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2017/05/beef-burger-delicious-served-with.html

Happy weekend wishes, and once again thanks to all who take time to comment and share thoughts here, and on other posts, it is appreciated.

All the best Jan

Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent, I do like a good vegan burger

Snowbird said...

Oh my! I will try that burger and the soup, I do miss cheese and dislike the vegan supermarket ones. I must try making my own.xxx

baili said...

looks great and inviting dear Jan

i just googled about the unfamiliar name ,yes we have it here for sure :)
thank you