Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 November 2019

Tandoori Chicken Dinner : Sheet Pan / Tray Bake


I'm sure you know that a sheet pan, sometimes called a baking tray or baking sheet is a flat, rectangular metal pan used in an oven! They are excellent for using in many recipes, but especially so the one pan type, because it saves washing up! LOL!

Take for example this recipe suggestion from Michelle Tam at Nom Nom Paleo site, she writes … "this gluten free, keto, (low carb) recipe features:
A paleo-friendly, dairy-free tandoori marinade: this creamy, mildly spicy, Indian-inspired sauce coats the chicken and veggies and keeps them from drying out. If you have a bottle of Nom Nom Paleo Tandoori, use one cup of it in place of making your own marinade!
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: this thrifty poultry cut is readily available and will taste good even if the oven timer went off 5 minutes ago and you completely forget to take your chicken out. And yes, I SAID THIGHS! Back away from those boneless skinless chicken breasts—unless you’re willing to monitor them vigilantly while they’re cooking.

Hearty cruciferous vegetables: Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli all work well in this recipe. Just cut them so they’re the same shape and will finish cooking in about 30 minutes. Don’t cut them up too small or your veggie pieces will shrivel up and burn before the chicken is finished cooking!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
Tandoori marinade*
1 cup full-fat coconut milk or plain coconut milk yogurt
2 tablespoons tandoori spice mix (no salt added)
1 tablespoon kosher salt (use half the amount if you are using Morton’s brand or a fine grain salt)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

*If you have a bottle of Nom Nom Paleo Tandoori, just shake it up and pour out 1 cup of it for the marinade—no need to make it from scratch!

Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken
1 tablespoon avocado oil or fat of choice
1 small cauliflower (2 pounds or less), cut into florets
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1½ pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)

1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)"

Instructions with step by step guide here
Need help with weight/measurement conversion see here


Chicken has so many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it can be cooked - make it one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium... hope you may give this dish a try

You will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.  

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...it looks very good.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Tengo ee tipo de bandeja en mi horno. De vez en cuando hago alguna receta en la que hace falta hacer en el horno.

Besos

Anonymous said...

your recipes look good,
one sheet baking I like,

shani xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh yummy, wouldn't mind a portion right now! Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

VENTANA DE FOTO said...
Tengo ee tipo de bandeja en mi horno. De vez en cuando hago alguna receta en la que hace falta hacer en el horno.

Besos


Google translate:
I have that kind of tray in my oven. Occasionally I make a recipe in which it is necessary to make in the oven.

Kisses

Lori Miller said...

"Back away from the boneless, skinless chicken breasts." I have been saying that for years.

dellgirl said...

WOW this Tandoori Chicken Dinner looks absolutely delicious! I'm glad I just finished eating or I would be running to the kitchen right now. Thanks for sharing this yummy dish!

Christine said...

This looks wonderful!

Rose said...

This sounds delicious...

Sandi said...

Yum...I will have to try this!

William Kendall said...

I imagine it would get quite spicy.

RO said...

I really like this because I can just throw it in the oven, and I'm pretty much done, and this looks yummy! Hugs, RO

happyone said...

Yummy, that sure looks delicious!

A Casa Madeira said...

Lindo prato.
Continuação de uma boa semana.

Bill said...

That looks very good and delicious.

Lee said...

Now! That is my idea of a great meal of chicken!! :)

Jeff (Sage) said...

This does look good. I should try more Indian cooking.

Lorrie said...

This looks delicious and would be a different flavour than my usual sheet pan dinners.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks really good, Jan.

Joyful said...

Looks delicious. I'll have to try it one day.

Jo said...

Yum, that's my kind of meal.

Chris Lally said...

Yummy...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'll try this recipe. Looks tasty.

God bless.

Nadezda said...

It sounds tasty. I liked the recipe of marinade, Eddie.

Lea said...

I eat a lot of chicken, and that recipe looks really good!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea @ Lea's Menagerie

Ygraine said...

Oh this looks fantastic!!
I have just finished lunch...and now I can't wait for dinner. Simply have to cook this!!
Thank you so much. 😊😊

Have a great weekend!

Hugs xxx

Debbie said...

we eat a lot of chicken in our house and i adore sheet pan/one sheet dinners. this looks amazing!!

Martha said...

Delicious! This is something that my husband and I would enjoy very much.

This N That said...

I don’t know what Tandoori Tastes like but it sure looks good... enjoy your weekend

carol l mckenna said...

Sounds and looks delicious ^_^


Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Sandy said...

I have everything to make this, and a sheet pan!