Total Pageviews

Monday 7 May 2018

Chocolate Pound Low Carb Cake : Made with Coconut Flour.


If you are looking for "an easy low carb coconut flour pound cake made with coconut flour and baked in a loaf pan" then look no further! "This simple low carb cake is great as a snack with a pat of butter or dressed up with ice cream... for some people, not being able to enjoy desserts and baked goods on any diet is a deal breaker. But low carbers have found ways to healthify some of their favourite recipes, making them diabetic friendly and healthy for weight-loss."

"Because coconut flour is used in this recipe, the net carbs are super low and perfect for those on a ketogenic diet. Another plus? Since the price of almond flour has steadily climbed higher, coconut flour is becoming the more economical choice."

Ingredients:
Serves 12
2 net carbs per serving.

Dry Ingredients
3/4 cups (70 g) (Bob's Red Mill) Coconut Flour
1/2 cup (115 g) Sukrin 1 (or Swerve Granulated)
1/4 cup (25 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (sift before measuring)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
Wet Ingredients
6 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite or more to taste
2 teaspoons vinegar
Melt together
4 ounces (1 stick/ 113 g) salted butter, melted (or coconut milk)
1 ounce (28 g) unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
Optional Topping
2 tablespoons (Lily's) Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips

Please find cooking instructions, and much more, at Low Carb Maven blog here

Yummy!
I'll go and put the kettle on,
tea or coffee?


All the best Jan

31 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Vinegar?! Now this sounds interesting - and not that sweet at all!

Practical Parsimony said...

Can I leave out the xanthum gum? I avoid all gums if I can. I don't know if I am intolerant or allergic. My allergist will figure that out.

Anonymous said...

The cake looks delicious!

Jo said...

I think a slice of that would be delicious with a scoop of ice-cream.

Tom said...

...doesn't look low carb!

DeniseinVA said...

Chocolate? Did I see Chocolate? I’m in for this recipe, lol. Thanks Jan :)

RO said...

I need my chocolate, and this looks like a really good choice. I just picked up some coconut flour, and still getting used to figuring out how to use it for baking. (lol) I'm goign to definitely give this one a try. Hugs...RO

Anonymous said...

Yummy with a cup of tea please.

Tina

RO said...

This definitely sounds like one I want to try! Love my chocolate! Hugs...RO

Martha said...

Delicious!

Ygraine said...

Oh WOW...this looks absolutely amazing!!
I have never used coconut flour before, but I can imagine how delicious a cake made with it would be.
Thank you so much for sharing...:))

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks like a giant brownie! Oh.....

William Kendall said...

It looks tasty!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

YUMMMMMMMM.... Sounds and looks delicious... Even made my mouth 'water'.... ha ha .. I must be hungry!!!

Thanks for the recipe.

I talked about a new book you would enjoy reading on my blog today....
Hugs,
Betsy

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks so good. I'll have to try this recipe.

Cheryl said...

Ooooh yum
Sounds delicious.

Christine said...

This looks so good!

Elephant's Child said...

I have never used coconut flour - and you are inspiring me to try.

Snowbird said...

Num num nummmmmm....xxx

happyone said...

Yummy. I like anything chocolate!!

Margaret D said...

Goodness that does look good..
If I made that cake it wouldn't get eaten, well not all of it, we are not sweet tooth's.

Kay said...

Oh my! This really does look yummy!

Sami said...

Looks nice Jan, one to make when I get visitors, otherwise I'll be eating the whole cake by myself!

Lowcarb team member said...

Practical Parsimony said:
" Can I leave out the xanthum gum? I avoid all gums if I can. I don't know if I am intolerant or allergic. My allergist will figure that out."

Hello there, many thanks for your comment and question ...

"If you are allergic to xanthan gum, is there an alterative? The answer is yes. The best bet for those allergic to Xanthan gum, or simply want to do away with it, is to make your own food products. If you have a recipe calling for xanthan gum, you can usually substitute it out. The best alternatives to use would be: psyllium fiber, chia seeds, glucomannan, ground flax seeds, gelatin, and agar agar. These products can give a similar thickening effect.
Xanthan gum has many uses and is relatively safe to consume. However, if you have a food allergy to corn, wheat, or soy there are alternatives you can use. Be mindful of the ingredients of your products the next time you are at the grocery store. You would be surprised as to how many products contain xanthan gum."

Lots more to read here
https://allnaturalideas.com/xanthan-gum-uses-alternatives/

Hope this helps, you will find a lot more helpful information on the link above.

All the best Jan

Bob Bushell said...

My son made me one of those, choc cake, it was delightful. But, I'll tell him about your recipe.

Lisabella Russo said...

Oooh that looks yummy! You share such delicious recipes.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I savedc this one to my clean eating board on pinterest...it sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing all these great recipes.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Jan, I'll have coffee and cream with my chocolate pound cake, please!

carol l mckenna said...

Not many can resist chocolate ~ yummy looking!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks Jan!!! Big Hugs!

Lisa said...

Always a favourite, a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea and the world is god.
Lisa x