Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2024

Blueberries and Dark Chocolate Low Carb / Keto Cake : Gluten Free


A slice of low carb cake and a cup of tea or coffee can be such a treat, and this recipe with blueberries and dark chocolate chips may just tempt you!

Ingredients
(4g carbs per slice)
120g ground almonds
4 medium eggs
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2.5 tsp baking powder
100g blueberries
50g dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa solids)
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method
Start by pre heating your oven to 200c. Prepare your loaf pan by lining with some greaseproof paper, (use a 1lb loaf pan)

In a bowl add the ground almonds, eggs, olive oil, vanilla and baking powder. Whisk together. Because there is no flour, this recipe has less raising agents than a regular cake, so whisk for a couple of minutes to get lots of air into the mixture. This will give your cake a nice fluffy texture.

Next add in the blueberries and chocolate chips, but keep a small amount of each aside to decorate the top of your cake. Fold the blueberries and chocolate in with a wooden spoon, being careful not to knock out too much of the air that you’ve worked in.

Pour the low carb/keto cake batter into your loaf pan, and sprinkle the top with the blueberries and dark chocolate chips that you set aside.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. The cake will rise a little and turn a shiny golden brown on top. You can use a skewer to prick the middle of the cake and check that it is baked: if the skewer comes out clean then it’s done.
From an original idea seen here
Need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here

~ now where did I put my cup and plate? ~

Dear reader, not all recipes within this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

Just a reminder!
It seems many of us are still experiencing problems with blogger, especially with comments going into the spam folder. Do please check your spam folder daily.


All the best Jan

30 comments:

Catarina said...

I feel tempted!!

Marco Luijken said...

Heĺlo Jan,
That's looking good and very tasty. Wonderful.
I saw at my blog that your first reaction on my post was come at the list of spam..?? Very strange and annoying. So I must give permission to post the message.

Many greetings,
Marco

kathyinozarks said...

Looks delicious

Tom said...

...it would be hard to beat this!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh, blueberries and dark chocolate--sounds delicious Jan! Yum. Along with a cuppa I'd be a happy camper.

Kim said...

Looks delicious! Thanks Jan! ❤️

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Elephant's Child said...

That looks good - and simple to make as well.

Katerinas Blog said...

The cake looks attractive,
generally it has blueberries and forest fruits I really like it.
Thanks for the recipe idea,
have a great Sunday!

Stefania said...

Buonissima questa torta.
Sembra bella morbida.

Margaret D said...

I check my spam daily, always comments in there.
That looks nice Jan.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks fabulous! 4 grams of carb..is it total carb?

Rose said...

It looks delicious and sounds easy to make. I keep finding comments in the spam folder, too.

jabblog said...

It looks delicious :-)

Rustic Pumpkin said...

ah, if only I was able to bake still! Looks delicious, and I love blueberries.

Donna said...

Thank you, sweet friend, for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

Bill said...

Looks delicious.

Ananka said...

This looks really good :-D

Mary Kirkland said...

Oh yes that sounds delicious. I hope you are doing alright.

HappyK said...

Delicious!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

You had me at chocolate

R's Rue said...

I need this.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

John's Island said...

Jan, Sitting at my computer, typing replies to blogs, I got to your post here, with Blueberry, Dark Chocolate, Low Carb Cake. It looked so good! Well, you know how I feel about blueberries because you saw my only August post, titled Blueberry Time. 😊 https://john-s-island.blogspot.com/2024/08/blueberry-time.html So, I stopped, went into the kitchen, found a bowl of blueberries in the fridge, took it out, and added some cream, and it was delicious. I’m back now to finish this comment for you. 😊Thank you for enhancing my day! Best wishes to you from Seattle! John

My name is Erika. said...

I never thought of blueberries and dark chocolate. It sounds like a great combo.

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness...that does look and sound amazing! I've just recently started being gluten free and I will definitely be giving this recipe a try! Thank you so much for sharing!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm pinning this to make very soon! It looks delicious!

baili said...

Looks really tempting 🤗
Must try recipe indeed

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that looks yummy and I think I actually have all the ingredients on hand right now :)

sandy said...

That looks and sounds delicious. I like the article above on walking. hope u are...well...don't have the right words.....just hope u are finding comfort in what you are doing.,

Teresa said...

Seguro que está riquísimo, lo anoto para hacerlo. Besos.