Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 November 2016

Chicken Curry : Serve with Low Carb Cauliflower Rice


I always think a curry can be enjoyed mid-week, end of week, weekend, well perhaps any day of the week!

This easy recipe idea is for a nice tasting chicken curry, and uses a great mix of herbs and spices ... you may wish to give it a try!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp oil
2 cans of tomatoes, chopped
0.5 tsp sugar
3 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 x 400ml tin (reduced-fat) coconut milk
8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinless
juice of ½ lime
3 tbsp chopped coriander

Method:
1. Whizz the onion in a food processor with the coriander, cumin, turmeric and 100ml of water, until a paste is formed.
2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or shallow casserole, add the onion paste, tomatoes, sugar and a teaspoon of salt. Simmer together for 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Next, stir in the ginger, garlic, chopped chilli and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, then add the chicken thighs. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes
4. Remove the lid, increase the heat and bubble for a further 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the lime juice and coriander. 
5. Serve with (low carb) cauliflower rice, which you will obviously need to prepare/cook.

Original recipe idea from Sainsbury's here

Did you know - Ginger, a culinary spice and medicinal marvel - here is a little more information on this versatile seasoning, you can read more here 

Happy Eating!

All the best Jan

18 comments:

Jo said...

I love curry but it's something I never make as no one else here will eat it so I only ever have it if I'm eating out.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for such a delicious recipe.
I wish my husband would eat curry. I never make it for myself for that reason.
Thinking about it I may make a batch and freeze it in 'portions for one'
Now that is a good idea.

Sandi said...

This looks so yummy. Trying it for dinner!

Martha said...

Thanks for sharing this! It looks and sounds very delicious.

Dewena said...

I do love a curry dish and am jotting down these ingredients! Thank you!

Lisa said...

I've often wondered if I should try my lot with riced cauli but I'm just not brave enough to give it a go. All that work for it to be picked over and for the inquisition about it just seems like too much! They'd love the curry though.
Lisa x

Gail said...

Sounds like a flavorful, pleasantly warm dish. Hubby is a light weight when it come to peppers, ginger, anything warm.

We can only hope our tracks are good since people may follow.

The Wheel bug is a great insect eater for the garden. We try to avoid them and let them dine. They do spit and will defend themselves if they feel threatened.

Glad you enjoy my strange posts.

Have a blessed weekend.

This N That said...

Not a curry fan but the recipe looks interesting..thanks for sharing..Hope you had a good day..

Sandra Cox said...

Take the chicken out of this and I'm set. It looks delicious.

Elephant's Child said...

As a vegetarian I don't eat chicken - but agree with you about curries. Good any day of the week. I adore cauli rice too.

Lady Fi said...

I think I might try a vegetarian variety of this.

George Pereira said...

i live in india and you get curry everywhere but somehow i never liked the coriander leaves used in some curries.

Bob Bushell said...

Nice, I love curry.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Bookmarked, thanks Jan.

Gosia said...

great post . Love from Poland

River said...

I used to love curries, although I don't like coriander in any form, but I have Rosacea and can no longer eat chilies, so I would have to leave them out of every recipe. I may give this a try next winter.