Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 November 2016

Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Biscuits : Low Carb


These "Low carb, Low sugar, Low calorie, Healthy fats, High Protein - 'Protein Peanut Butter Cookies' - are Super tasty, does it get any better than that?" asks Taralynn whose recipe idea is shared here ...

Ingredients:
Makes 38 approx
2 & 2/3 Cups *Almond Flour (Not Packed Down)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla
1/4 Cup Honey
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
3 Packets Stevia
3 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
2 large eggs
4 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil

This recipe makes about 38-40 cookies (1 &1/2 tablespoon sized)
38 Cookies: 85 Calories, 5 g Carbs, 6 g Fat, 7 g Protein, 3 g Sugar, 2 g Fiber

Please see method and cooking instructions at Taralynn's blog here

If you should need help with measurement equivalents see here

...when you first start a low carb diet, you may feel confused with which *low carb flours to use. You may never have used any of them before and how to use them properly can be daunting. Low carb flours don’t behave like wheat flour, and how to use them in your old regular high carb recipes is one of the most common questions - you can read more about low carb flours here

We bring a variety of recipe ideas to this blog ... but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.


All the best Jan

18 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, these cookies sound awesome. High protein and low carbs and an easy recipe. Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Tom said...

That's a lot of honey!

Christine said...

Looks so good although I don't believe in protein powder.

Debbie said...

i would like to try one of these "almond flour" recipes. do you notice much difference in the taste?? they sure do look the same which = very yummy!!!

Dancin Fool said...

Oh I cant wait to try these!

Martha said...

These cookies sound very delicious. Thanks for all the links. I don't know enough about different types of flours and learning about them is important.

JFM said...

These look delicious and just in time for Christmas baking, too!!!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, they look delish!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

These would be great with a cup of tea. Thank you for the lovely recipe. Have a great weekend. ♥

JFM said...

Jan, I will not be blogging anymore but I wanted to thank you for your support and caring. Wishing you the very best...Jan

Conniecrafter said...

that looks like an interesting recipe, I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in some time... thanks so much for all the links too, I need to print out the conversion charts and I learned I need to keep some of my flours in the fridge

Gypsy Heart said...

Jan, these look delish and much more healthy than many others. I don't know what it is in protein powders but they don't agree with me. I have headaches and sometimes get very dizzy.
If you have any suggestions, I'd be most appreciative!

Have a blessed weekend ~
xo
Pat

Crafty Green Poet said...

those look delicious!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks to you all for taking time to leave your thoughts and comments here - and on other posts too. It is always so nice to receive, read and share them.

As most readers are aware ...I often write, you will find a variety of recipe ideas on this blog ... and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

Take this recipe suggestion for instance ... Some people don't mind using protein powder when cooking, whilst others choose not to use it (and some have a reaction to it). When reading through the recipe suggestions you must obviously choose your preference, especially in relation to any underlying health or allergy reasons ... the recipe suggestions are provided as a guide/ an idea.

If you are interested in Protein Powder and their substitutes, you may wish to read this article here it's called 'Protein Powder Substitutes':
http://www.livestrong.com/article/196381-protein-powder-substitutes/

When you first start a low carb diet, you may feel confused with which low carb flours to use. You may never have used any of them before and how to use them properly can be daunting. Low carb flours don’t behave like wheat flour, and how to use them in your old regular high carb recipes is one of the most common questions - you can read more about low carb flours here, it really is an excellent guide: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2016/09/12/low-carb-flours/

Eddie and myself do enjoy low carb cakes using 'almond flour'. Yes, it does taste slightly different to something like all purpose flour - but of course health wise it does not raise blood sugars like all purpose flours can do, making it a great alternative, especially important if you are a diabetic. Why not give it a try !

My thanks to you all for your comments.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

To my blogging friend Jan ... who wrote
"Jan, I will not be blogging anymore but I wanted to thank you for your support and caring. Wishing you the very best...Jan"

Thank you so much for taking time to write this here and letting me know. I was going to write you an email, but don't seem to have one for you.

If you should ever wish to contact me I can be found at:
lowcarbdiabetic@aol.com

In the meantime, I warmly send you my very best wishes.

Take care

All the best Jan

happyone said...

They do look good but I don't like peanut butter in cookies. I know I am in the minority. : )

Magic Love Crow said...

So yummy!

Lisa said...

One of my work colleagues is an excellent baker. She came into work the other week with some peanut butter and banana cookies she had baked that morning. I don't like PB but I had one of the cookies anyway and it was delish.
Lisa x