Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 November 2016

Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds : Low Carb Side Dish


Who doesn't like green beans? I do! Now, if you also like them, why not give this recipe idea a try ... it certainly gives a wonderfully green, crispy and crunchy low-carb side dish. Green beans always go great with a nice Sunday roast, or perhaps a Thanksgiving, or Christmas turkey - now there's a good idea!

Ingredients
Serves Six
(7 g carbs per serving)
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
700 g fresh green beans
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
80 ml almonds, chopped

Tip: Fresh, thin green beans are best to use here, but you can of course use frozen beans as well. Make sure they are thawed and dry when you fry them, or the frying pan will get cold and they will be boiled instead of sautéd.

Please see recipe instructions at Diet Doctor site here

Now how's the Roast doing ... where are my oven gloves?

Bon Appetit
I hope you may soon enjoy this low carb side dish
it's just made for a Sunday, Thanksgiving or Christmas Roast

All the best Jan

17 comments:

Jo said...

That looks lovely. I hated green beans as a child and never even tried them again until I got the allotment and decided to grow them, they're a favourite here now. Just goes to show that you should keep trying things you don't like because tastes change.

Phil Slade said...

That's a very simple one and I like the idea of frying rather than boiling green beans. They can be a little bland without salt and pepper but I'm not sure about adding the almonds.

Green beans on offer at Aldi at the mo. Stick them straight in the freezer - no need to blanch.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Mmmm! Sounds and looks really delicious! :)
Wishing you a lovely rest of the week! xx

Sandra Cox said...

Those green beans sound wondrous. Must try!
Have a great one!

happyone said...

Thanks for the recipe. Next week when we meet with friends for dinner and a game of Mexican Train I was asked to bring a vegetable. This will be what I bring.

Christine said...

this looks like an amazing side dish!

Revrunner said...

Hmm, makes me wonder if green beans are on our menu for tonight's Thanksgiving blowout. :-)

Lisabella Russo said...

That looks like an excellent recipe, thank you!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this recipe! Thank you!!!!
Love those oven mitts! LOL!

Gail said...

I prepared a dish today with Crowder peas. It was pretty good. Non-chalky like black-eyed peas and non-mushy like English peas. It was nice for a change and freshly frozen from our summer's garden.

Have a great weekend.

Snowbird said...

How delicious! I love green beans so shall certainly try this.xxx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great combination. Two of my favourite foods and both really good for you. I often eat almonds as a snack, although the price is getting a little ridiculous.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've always loved the flavor of almonds with green beans! Thanks for the recipe. We had green beans for Thanksgiving dinner...but I forgot the almonds! lol Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

Lady Fi said...

Looks delicious!

Sue (this n that) said...

Another way of serving green beans - thank you :D)

Conniecrafter said...

I made a version of these that I only use olive oil and instead of the nuts I add fresh mushrooms.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love green beans and will be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!