Total Pageviews

Friday 19 October 2012

Why I Love The Lowcarb Antis !


No I am not inebriated, although after a hard week, I intend to be later this evening. After years of taking  on the Carboholics and lowcarb antis I have had an epiphany. We need them, they give countless opportunities to bring the lowcarb lifestyle to the fore. Where would we be without phoenix and her links to at best highly dubious information ? Where would we be without the Bonkers brothers ? I’m missing Jopar badly.

I used to fear that these people caused confusion to the newly diagnosed and in trouble, but my fear was unnecessary. Almost every time I check out the forum, another relative newcomer is reporting outstanding success following the lowcarb way. Nothing makes my day better than to see a newbie getting on top of their diabetes, I can feel the joy coming down the wires. 

Let’s not forget we were all newbie’s once, and I have never forgotten the way I felt, the first time I saw 5.1 on my BG meter. Two weeks after my diagnosis I buried my Father, he died from acute diabetic complications. That sort of trip tends to focus my attention.

Some old timers may remember when I started lowcarbing, after five days I stayed up for twenty-four hours and tested every hour. All my numbers were great. I then started to doubt my meter and went out and bought another meter. I needn’t have bothered, the new meter confirmed I was running non diabetic numbers 24 hours a day. I reported this in great detail on the diabetes.co.uk forum. Ken felt fit to delete the posts along with thousands of other lowcarb posts. Them’s the breaks eh, little did I know then, that spreading the lowcarb word would become my life’s work. Personally I blame Fergus Craig, without his help, I may well have died by now.

Eddie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diabetes like many illnesses when first diagnosed can cause fear and confusion. When you hear bad news I think most of us turn to family and good friends, but for some who are on there own they cannot do this. Many rely wholly on their healthcare team and as we know advice from them is not always brilliant, although I'm sure they mean well. I am one of the fortunate few, my team seem to be getting more into the different view that is now out there.It is important that we all do our best to spread the good news on what can be achieved. This may be on this blog, other forums or in your local community.

You firmly state that if it wasn't for someone called Fergus Craig you may not be here now. For those of us whose bg numbers have improved so much after discovering low carbing perhaps we should thank you and your team and others on similar blogs and forums who have had the courage to spread the benefits and what can be achieved by following a lower carb lifestyle. Eat to your meter seems to be the popular saying, it's what I do now and it works.

Thank you

Grace

tess said...

it's often our opponents who keep our game up to the quality it should be! :-) nothing like that fight reaction!

(speaks the old fencer who is back in the sport....)

fibreclaireUK said...

What has happened to Jopar? I need a good laugh.

Lowcarb team member said...

"What has happened to Jopar? I need a good laugh."

Be patient Claire, October 29th there will be a full moon failing that there's always Halloween.

Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess

Fencing that is one tough sport. I tried it years ago and my legs were aching for a week. Good health and good luck.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"You firmly state that if it wasn't for someone called Fergus Craig you may not be here now."

Hi Grace thanks for the comment.

Fergus was the one that introduced us to LowCarb on the DCUK forum, he is the author of the LOW CARB DIET - A NEWBIES GUIDE http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7215#p64246

Cheers
Graham