This lovely recipe is from Brenda at 'Sugar-Free Mom' blog. Sugar Free Low Carb Tiramisu Mug Cake... made in minutes and tastes just like traditional tiramisu, but without all the carbs and sugar! This could be lovely for any day of the week, but how about 'Mothers Day', tomorrow Sunday 11th March in the UK, but not until 13th May in the US ... perhaps get the ingredients and start practicing making this delicious cake now! Well why not ...
1 tbsp. Ground Flax-seed Meal
3 tbsp. Almond Meal Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp instant espresso
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp. heavy (double) cream
1 tsp Kahlua, amaretto, brandy or rum extract
1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
1 tbsp. (Swerve) sweetener
1 tsp Kahlua, amaretto or brandy (optional) or use rum extract
2 ounces mascarpone cheese
2 ounces whipping cream
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder and coffee beans
1. Whisk the first five ingredients together to make the cake.
2. Whisk the rest of the ingredients for the cake in a another bowl then stir well to combine with the dry.
3. Grease two shallow ramekins, e.g. quiche ramekins.
4. Pour batter evenly into each dish.
5. Microwave one cake at a time for 1 minute, may need additional 30 seconds if using a deeper dish as opposed to a shallow one.
6. Once cooked poke some holes all around the cake using a skewer or toothpick.
7. Stir the coffee syrup ingredients together and use just half the amount to soak the cakes in their dish. Allow to cool completely before continuing.
8. Place the frosting ingredients into a stand mixer and add the remaining coffee syrup.
9. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness of the frosting.
10. Spread half the frosting over one cake. Layer the second cake over the first and spread the rest of the frosting on top.
11. Decorate with optional toppings if desired.
12. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
If you should be celebrating Mother's Day, have an especially nice day
Forever in my heart
Forever in my life
My mum is always with me
Thank you Mum
I'll always love you
All the best Jan