2 tsp olive oil
1kg/2lbs 2oz pork shoulder, cut into large cubes
200g/7oz chorizo, cut into chunks
1 onion, sliced
1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
250ml/9fl oz. chicken stock
2 lemons, zest and juice
1 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas
100g/3½oz large pitted green olives
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry the pork shoulder until golden-brown on all sides. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the chorizo to the pan and fry until crisp around the edges, remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and fry the onion and fennel for five minutes, or until softened.
5. Add the chickpeas and olives and cook for a further 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the parsley and serve with wilted spinach.
All the best Jan