Total Pageviews

Monday 12 July 2021

Chicken with Mushrooms and Peas : A Tasty Monday Meal


Looking for a quick and easy Monday meal, then how about this chicken dish! In fact it doesn't have to be a Monday to enjoy it, any day of the week will be fine! The chicken is cooked together with bacon, peas and a parsley sauce, it's very tasty. Use chicken thighs for extra flavour and juiciness.

Ingredients
Serves Four
2 tbsp. olive oil
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
a little flour, for dusting
50g cubetti di pancetta
300g small button mushrooms
2 large shallots, chopped
250ml chicken stock
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
50g frozen peas
small handful parsley, finely chopped

Method
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a frying pan. Season and dust the chicken with flour, brown on all sides. Remove. Fry the pancetta and mushrooms until softened, then remove.

2. Add the final tbsp. oil and cook shallots for 5 minutes. Add the stock and vinegar, bubble for 1-2 minutes. Return the chicken, pancetta and mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes. Add the peas and parsley and cook for 2 mins more, then serve.

Tastes great served with a mix of cauliflower and broccoli florets, or some buttery mashed swede.

Chicken can make a tasty meal and is usually very reasonably priced, it's also one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium, I hope you may enjoy this dish soon.
Original recipe idea is here


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico gracias por la receta la haré muy pronto . Te mando un beso

Elephant's Child said...

Quick, easy and tasty is always a win, though this one is not for me. Enjoy.

Tom said...

...or we have fresh peas from the garden.

DVArtist said...

Oh this sounds so good. I could make this tomorrow.

Catarina said...

That looks pretty good!!

Practical Parsimony said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I would sub green beans for the peas, though. Chicken is always good!

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks like a very yummy meal! I love chicken thighs with bone in and skin on though.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks very tasty! Have a great week, Valerie

Jo said...

That does look good. My kind of meal.

Margaret D said...

Looking good Jan.

CJ Kennedy said...

You had me at bacon.

Martha said...

Delicious! When there are mushrooms, I'm all for it. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I need someone to be ambitious at 5:30 or 6 PM, or later, to make these delicious meals for me. Now if I could cook at 10AM, it might happen. Smile. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

linda said...

This sounds lovely, I have pinned it for later. Have a great week.

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds delicious.

Ygraine said...

WOW, the perfect Monday meal...I will cook this for dinner tonight!
Thank you so much😊😊

Hope you're having a great day!

Hugs xxx

Christine said...

yummy!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Delicious!
Have a nice sunny week:)

Ananka said...

I like mushrooms and peas are okay :-D

Lorrie said...

This does sound delicious!

happyone said...

Another good sounding meal!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Perfect recipe for todays overcast skies here in Vermont

sandy said...

I would definitely welcome that for dinner.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks beautiful. I bet it tastes good too. After all, I'm a sauce junkie and the sauce looks rich and creamy.

Sue said...

Oooh this looks delicious, full of my favourite things. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Jeanie said...

I'm always looking for another chicken recipe. This could be it!

Lee said...

Pizza for me for lunch today...but I'll keep this in mind for later in the week! Thanks! :)

Sally said...

Now, that's right up my alley! Definitely will make this. I love chicken!

xoxo

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sounds like a great dish, and simple too. A little salad on the side, and a glass of wine - perfect!

William Kendall said...

Sounds tasty.

baili said...

looks really tasty ,i love adding peas in chicken when they are available here in winters

Teresa said...

Parece delicioso. Besos.

Martha said...

I would really enjoy this!

Magic Love Crow said...

So good! Thank you for this Jan! Big Hugs!