Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 November 2022

Gingerbread Crème Brûlée : Thanksgiving / Autumn Dessert : Low Carb


By putting this creamy custard, and gingerbread flavour together, it makes a nice Thanksgiving or Autumnal (Fall) low carb/keto dessert that brings a well-spiced finish to your evening meal. For those in the Southern Hemisphere I'm sure it could be enjoyed in the Spring season too!

Ingredients
Serves Six
3g net carbs per serving
425 ml (1¾ cups) heavy (double) whipping cream
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp (25 g) erythritol
¼ tsp vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
½ clementine (optional)

Tip
This recipe uses pumpkin pie spice. If you can't find it, you can make your own by using this recipe or by mixing equal amounts of ginger, cinnamon and ground cloves.

Recipe Instructions
can be seen here


Clementines
Small and sweet, clementines are a hybrid of tangerines and oranges. Easy to peel and exceptionally sweet, there are over 20 varieties of clementine. The fruit will keep in the fridge for up to one week.

Some recipes you may like to try:
Clementine Almond Cake, it's low carb and flourless - more details here
Christmas Salad, it's so colourful and low in carbs too - more details here
Clementine Prosecco Cocktail, it's nice but 13.5g carbs per serving - more details here

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

Just a reminder
It seems many of us are still experiencing problems with blogger, especially with comments going into the spam folder.

Just recently a known blogger friend left two comments on this blog one came through as normal and the other went in the spam folder! Why I do not know, but it is very important to check your spam folder daily.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

It's me said...

Mmmmmmmm….sounds good….but I am going to bed ….it is late….I hope I do not dream about this delicious dessert….hahahaha lol 🍀🐾🐾🍀💗

Pom Pom said...

Hello! Remember the days before all of the pumpkin spice stuff? Pumpkin things are VERY Thanksgiving-y! Thank you so much! I like just the right combo of ginger, clove and cinnamon. xo

Christine said...

Oh yummy!

My name is Erika. said...

I bet this is delicious.

happyone said...

That looks yummy.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta amo ese postre. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...I love gingerbread.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Pumpkin pie spice is a staple in most U.S. kitchens. Thanks for the recie. Now I'm headed back to my sick bed.

Margaret D said...

Interesting recipe.

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me. I really don't like gingerbread. I hear you on the spam folder. Sigh. Somedays blogger puts my own comments on my own blog into that folder.

Catarina said...

I like Crème Brûlée but without the pumpkin pie spice.

magiceye said...

Yummy!

Granny Marigold said...

That looks absolutely delicious!!

Lorrie said...

I do love creme brulee and it's been a long while since I've made any. Gingerbread flavour would be delicious!

roughterrain crane said...

Citrus and ginger flavour will make us healthier. Happy Thanksgiving Day.

William Kendall said...

Sounds good!

Felicity said...

ah! I never thought about such a mix of tastes
thank you for recept

eileeninmd said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great day!

Jo said...

It looks delicious and with the gingerbread twist, a nice dessert for the season.

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks very delicious! Now some comments in 2009-2012 show up in my spam too. Blogger has been really a pain on the neck...

Ananka said...

That sounds amazing and I have now found a dairy free whipping cream!

Crafty Green Poet said...

That looks like a tasty recipe

Debbie said...

creme brulee is one of my favorite deserts, this sounds amazing!! have a wonderful holiday!!!

Breathtaking said...

Hello :=)

This must be delicious. My daughter and I love anything with ginger so she will be interested in making this for us both. Many thanks for the recipe.

Bill said...

Sounds great!

jesus alvarez said...

una entrada deliciosa y sugerente, probare hacer esa receta tan apetitosa,saludos.

John's Island said...

Hi Jan and Eddie, The Gingerbread Crème Brûlée … oh my goodness, does that look delicious or what? Wow. You know, when my Manager and I go out for dinner, I love to look for Crème Brûlée on the dessert menu. I figured making it at home might be challenging but your recipe looks pretty straight forward. I’ll put it on my list of Recipes to Try. 😊 Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK? Either way, I send you best regards from Seattle. And thank you for your kind comments on my blog. John

Mavinindenizi said...

look like good :)

The Happy Whisk said...

I like the add of citrus!

Teresa said...

Se ve muy bien, seguro que está riquísimo. Besos.

Martha said...

Oh, this is quite yummy!