Total Pageviews

Friday 9 May 2014

Is a low carb diet boring ?

Some say a low carb diet is boring, I can see their point. I have lost count of the times I have said to Jan, if you serve up one more lobster or fillet steak this week I will throw up. Trouble with Jan is, if I say I like something she goes over the top. OK I jest. Fresh whole food is more expensive than junk, and these days almost everyone is running on a reduced budget. This looks great food for a special occasion and very low carb.


"For this lobster tail recipe we are using a sauce of browned butter with parsley, lemon zest, shallots, and some toasted hazelnuts. If you don’t want to go to that trouble, you can just use plain melted butter with some salt, pepper, and maybe a little paprika to dust the top of the lobster meat before broiling. But I highly recommend browning the butter first. Just that extra step will intensify the butter flavor which goes so well with lobster. I’ve made broiled lobster both ways and will not go back to plain butter. Browned is so much better. Toasted hazelnuts are also rather buttery in taste add a lovely crunch to each bite."

Another great recipe and food idea from Simply Recipes. Full recipe and instructions can be found here.

Eddie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring no way. Just wish I could afford to eat this every day. I mix my low carb foods up well during each week and haven't got bored by my healthier self yet.
Sue

Almond said...

Not sure if the "filet mignon" or "lobster tail" comment is tongue-in-cheek, but well done. :) LC diets are anything but boring.

tess said...

ALMOND!!! tsk tsk -- the words "well done" and "filet mignon" should NEVER be used in the same sentence! ;-)

Almond said...

@tess: forgive me Grok I have sinned!