Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 August 2011

Does a High-Fat Diet Cause Type 2 Diabetes?

It’s that time again. Your inbox is filling up with emails from your low-fat friends. Your mom left four voicemails ordering you to throw away your bacon now (and clean your room while you’re at it). Your diet-savvy coworker left a Yahoo! News article on your desk, weighted in place with a muffin. This just in: High-fat diets cause diabetes—and researchers have proof, doggonit!


http://www.marksdailyapple.com/does-a-high-fat-diet-cause-type-2-diabetes/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry in my experience 'low fat' means more sugar which in my case results in higher bg numbers. I'll stick to a diet, and yes it does have a higher fat content, which I know works for me. We read the facts and we make our own minds up.

Doug

FredT said...

only in black six mice. I am not a rodent.

Anonymous said...

The main calorie source was hydrogenated coconut oil, pity they didn't state this in the title but then it would not have had the same impact would it?

"Data from epidemiological studies and from studies on the effect of insulin suggest that trans fatty acids increase the risk of type 2 diabetes."

http://www.meraadet.dk/gfx/uploads/Rapporter_pdf/Trans%20fatty%20acids_4.th%20ed._UK_www.pdf

Scott

Anonymous said...

No doubt knobhead will see the headline and smile smugly! He never reads the article.

There is some good news from D.UK, it looks as though Hissing Sid has taken his ball home:

"but I think I am pretty much done with this forum now it seems to be dominated by members who claim to be low carbers but who in reality are obese and have no bg control and those who do have control but want to belittle anyone who doesn't follow their low carb gospel."

I recall that when I did that, following a stupid tirade from Ken, Sid posted simply - "Bye".

Ray

Canadian Low-Carber said...

Why would any idiot hydrogenate coconut oil in the first place? Pure coconut oil is one of the few perfect foods, in my opinion. So very healthy and tasty.