Total Pageviews

Monday 1 October 2012

45 percent of Americans can no longer afford prescriptions !

You may think our NHS is not fit for purpose, and for far too many diabetics it’s a disgrace. Be grateful you're not living in the USA.

Drug companies have gotten so greedy, and the American public so financially distressed, that nearly half of all Americans under the age of 65 who normally take prescription drugs are no longer doing so because they allegedly cannot afford it.

Based on a poll that included 1,158 adults over the age of 18, CRNRC found that 62 percent of Americans under the age of 65 avoided getting recommended medical tests in 2012 because of high costs, while just over half avoided getting a recommended medical procedure. In total, more than 80 percent of those polled indicated that they skipped either a medically-related procedure, medical test, doctor visit, or prescription because of the expense.

The average cost of health care for a family of four with an employer-sponsored insurance plan also topped $20,000 for the first time ever this year.

http://www.naturalnews.com/037368_Big_Pharma_profiteering_prescriptions.html

Eddie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's probably a good thing as our system is profit based, meaning they have to make money, not help people.

I live in the U.S, don't have health insurance and with everything I learned about our sick-care system during the Obama presidential election campaign, have decided that it's best if I can avoid getting involved in that system at all.

I have read that 2 of 3 Americans are obese. If our medical system was so good, would we be in this shape? I don't think so. I don't trust that our doctors, scientists, researchers and policy makers have my best interests or health at heart, only profits for corps.

Anyway, I think the best way for me to avoid needing doctors is to eat lots of vegetables and meat and avoid all processed foods. I'm not obese and do not yet have a lot of health issues, except for inflammation in my hands, elbow, and knees that has begun to clear up since I stopped eating anything with grains.

Still trying to stop eating sugar, but that is a tougher battle because I love sugar. Baby steps, everyday a little step forward and before you know it bigger changes occur, hopefully for the better.

Thanks for the work you are doing here to get the word out and help those of us who are seeking solutions to our problems.