Total Pageviews

Monday 8 April 2013

Ketogenic diet and its roll in cancer recovery and prevention.

Last night while having a verbal joust with an idiot on the Free The Animal blog, (one of Carbsane’s eunuchs) a very nice lady asked on another post, if I had looked into ketogenic diet (very lowcarb) and people recovering from cancer. I have looked at carbs and their roll in causing cancer, but never in cancer recovery and ketogenic diets. The lady got me hooked, so I started trawling around and got to bed after 6 am. It appears KD has a large roll to play in cancer recovery, and is a very interesting subject and I think you will agree.

I found this video presentation which talks about cancer and the roll of different food groups. It’s a very interesting presentation and for me gets going 17 minutes in. The mind blower for me is near the end when the presenter asks the audience of the food groups which food group promotes cancer. The overeating of fat has no impact on causing cancer. Carbs bring on a dramatic rise and protein somewhere in between. I think everyone will be interested in the video below.





Other interesting and encouraging links re cancer and carbohydrate restriction.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/4/1/5

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1819381/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/03/10/ketogenic-diet.aspx

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/7/1/7


Eddie





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a fascinating topic and I'm not surprised you got so involved in following it up, Eddie.

And so much more useful than a battle of wits with that pompous f*ckwit, Nigel.

Cheers,

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Indy

Agree 100% the Nigel’s of this world make a lot of noise but say nothing of any value, very much like his idol the obnoxious Evie. Just imagine if one day the way to stop most cancers occurring was the dumping of sugar and high carb/starch food. We know it’s massive effect on diabetes and heart disease but if lowcarb kicks cancer into touch, the boffins and medics will look the biggest bunch of retards that ever came up the pike. With the exception of our friends such as Briffa, Wortman, Kendrick et al

Regards Eddie

Galina L. said...

What did you discussed on the FTA? Recently Richard is too involved into living on milk and keffir, and I am more like meat+veggies person, so I have not discussed much there for a while. I have no grunge against Richard, BTW. Sometimes he just gets carried away.

Lowcarb team member said...

I posted pretty much the same as the thread here. Richard is an unusual man and doesn’t lack passion. He is also a very skilled operator, I think he knows how to attract a crowd, when people come in to watch the fight, they go away with some useful information hopefully. I operate the same way but stay clear of the outrageous language, because women and maybe children might read this blog. Also, some people that help us would walk away. The thread at FTA re the sexually abused child was grim in the extreme and some of the comments which Richard removed were some of the most toxic stuff I have ever read on blog. Richard has done me a favour letting me post and link to this blog, I hope to have more positive posts on his blog if he allows them. I think we can all help each other one way or the other.

Regards Eddie

Anonymous said...

This is eye opening and you must watch the video, it may change how you look at food groups and what is necessary to eat and what we really can do without.

Kay

Christoph Dollis said...

"I have no grunge against Richard, BTW. Sometimes he just gets carried away."

You mean like with the no soap thing?

Galina L. said...

I mean more than soap, Richard sometimes doesn't know where to stop in general, and his head could get too hot. However, he is not a reckless looser in his real life. My guess, he got himself a blog in order to have a place where he could get loose safely in a virtual reality, and for that reason called it "Free the animal".

Anonymous said...

As I have said several times, no matter what Richard says and how 'offensive' he gets, he is never as offensive to me as Evelyn is. She just wants to sneer at everyone, there is no value whatsoever in her blog, her only purpose is to bloat her own very bloated ego. She is a fraud and it's a shame that there are a few very gullible people who fuel her by believing her fake 'science'.

Anonymous said...

this is very good piece and video should be watched. Blogs often raise the steaks in a debate but watchers should not be put of

cherie

Anonymous said...

This is an extremely good presentation and I would recommend you folks who haven't yet watched it to do so. Many many years ago we did not consume this white evil known as sugar or the hidden 'ose's that you see if you read what the contents of the boxed food you may have just bought contains. If a word ends in ose it means it is some sort of sugar. Best to avoid folks. Good video and well worth sitting down to watch and listen to.

Regards Clive

Galina L. said...

I agree, Carol. I think Richard is a good person who from time to time manages to say something wrong, and he doesn't hold grudges.
I see nothing wrong when people try to attract readers and initiate discussions on their blogs (or don't care much).

Galina L. said...

Yes,the presentation is very good, but at the very end, while answering on the last question, the lecturer told that people had to balance their risk of a cancer versus the risk of a cardiovascular decease while choosing their diet (I believe it was still an anty-fat message, if I understood it correctly).