Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2013

Am I the worlds toughest man ?

Now, I have heard about the SAS and the US Navy Seals, but I am beginning to think these guys are lightweights compared to me. For years I have been told lowcarb cannot be kept to in the long term. That all sorts of health issues will come my way. From scurvy to osteoporoses and worse. Check out tonight’s lowcarb meal. Only the toughest men in the world can live with this sort of food, year in and year out, I battle on. What do you reckon ? Am I tough or what ! If you feel you could eat food like this to save your eye sight, your limbs, your kidneys. If you refuse to be a slave to carbohydrates and a stooge to big pharma drugs, sign up and join the lowcarbers, but only, if you think you are hard enough !

Click on image to enlarge real healthy food.


Salad made from iceberg lettuce, bacon lardons, avocado pear, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, add some black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and a tiny amount of salt. Great food for all, whether diabetic or not.

Eddie



7 comments:

tess said...

how DO you manage to choke it down? ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess

Like I said I am one tough guy. You're pretty tough yourself, but hey, someones gotta do it.

Regards Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

This is "Great food for all, whether diabetic or not." and I am not a diabetic. I now know the advantages that a low carb high fat diet, not based on sugar and starch can bring.

Not all our children eat this way, but the grandchildren do, work that one out !

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

This is a great warm salad; we have this a lot 'round Dillinger Mansions.

2 packets of fresh baby leaf spinach, 1 packet of feta cheese crumbled up, 4-5 rashers of bacon fried and then roughly chopped up, a handful of boiled peas.

Mix all that together and use a dressing of fresh lemon juice and olive oil (at about a ratio of 1:2 juice to oil) with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of French mustard (or the like).

Good stuff; you get the Pop Eye spinach plus bacon; what more do you need? White wine is the answer, but other than that you don't need much.

Best

Dillinger

Galina L. said...

For better of for worse, I don't feel right after a high-carb meal, so staying LC is very easy. Some people consider it to be a "carb creep" , and try to achieve more "metabolic flexibility". May be for some with FBS numbers in diabetic range while VLCarbing it makes sense, but in my case living mostly on meat, eggs, vegetables and saturated fats works rather well so far.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Galina

I too have felt the same should I eat more carbs than I usually do, they become 'a poison' to me and I can get headaches and feel generally UGH !

Best to stay on a lifestyle that I now know suits me, I feel so much better for it.

Many thanks for your comment

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Dillinger

This low carb lark is one tough gig eh mate? Over five years into low carb and diabetes control boringly predictable day after day. BG numbers still non diabetic and still only on two metformin pills a day.

Like the sound of your recipe too.

One thing is for sure whether Type 1 or Type 2 we can eat great grub, minimise our risk of complications, control our diabetes and you don't need a thick wallet to do it.

Anyone who says otherwise is 'Bonkers'

Regards

Eddie