Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 March 2014

DCUK Quote of the month !

"Being vegetarian I was living on whole grains and pulses, thinking I was eating the best for my body.
Then I was diagnosed with diabetes and, against my GP's advice, I bought a glucose meter. Oh, the horror.
Grains and pulses were supposed to be my friends, so why were they spiking my glucose with so much gusto?
The GP told me not to worry, as any reading below 12 was good enough, but I didn't want "good enough", I wanted "good".
I did some research and I came across the LCHF regime. I worked out a vegetarian version, and that's what I'm having now.
I feel healthy and full of energy, whilst my readings have stabilised considerably.
Also, gone the hunger, the cravings, the headaches, the feeling bloated, which I had experienced my whole life.
I don't mean to sound evangelical about LCHF, but it really made a big difference for me."


ItalianKitten on the forum of flog.

1 comment:

Lowcarb team member said...

An all too familiar tale! She could have heeded the GP's advice with progressive decline and stronger and stronger medication. A great post.


John