2 large onions
1 large whole chicken (approx. 1.9kg)
60g unsalted butter
2 unwaxed lemons, halved, juiced
4 dried bay leaves
2 ½ tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. Slice the onions and place in a roasting tray.
3. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper and rub all over with the butter and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place on top of the onions and squeeze over the juice from the lemons. Put the lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken, along with the bay leaves.
4. Drizzle the chicken with the honey and roast for 1 hr 10 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices from the thickest part of the thigh run clear. If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
5. Once cooked, carve and serve with vegetables of your choice.
You can store the cooked, cooled chicken in the juices from the roasting tin to keep moist. Keeps chilled for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Per Serving
Fat 26g Carbohydrate 4.5g Protein 28.6g Fibre 0.1g
From original recipe idea here
Read more about Chicken here
All the best Jan