3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
80 g xylitol
juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
grated zest of 1 orange
2 tsp baking powder
200 g almond flour
50 g slivered almonds
xylitol icing mix, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Grease and line the base of a deep springform cake tin, 20cm in diameter.
2. Place the eggs, olive oil, xylitol, juice and zest in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy, about 3–4 minutes.
3. Sift in the baking powder and almond flour and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and scatter the slivered almonds over the top.
4. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until firm. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a rack and allowing to cool completely.
5. To serve: Serve sliced, dusted with xylitol icing mix
Need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here
From an original recipe idea here
Related Recipe Suggestion
Italian Lemon Cake, it's low carb, find it here
If you'd like more guidance about low carb flours (which the recipe above uses) then Libby, at 'Ditch The Carbs' site has a very good article called, 'The Ultimate Guide To Low Carb Flours', find it here
You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan