Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Midweek Macaroon Anyone - a low carb, gluten free, grain free, sugar free recipe

Sharing details of Libby's Macaroons recipe. They are Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free and Grain Free, and are a fabulous way to use up any egg whites you may have left over. It’s a really adaptable recipe whereby you can dip them in chocolate, add lemon or orange zest, add some ginger or some vanilla and cinnamon. You could be spoilt for choice !


SUGAR FREE MACAROONS
Ingredients - Serves Twenty
4 egg whites
2 tbsp. granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (200g) unsweetened desiccated coconut

INSTRUCTIONS
Clean a large bowl with kitchen paper to ensure it is free of grease or oil, otherwise your egg whites won't whisk well. Whisk the egg whites with the stevia, to form stiff peaks.
Add the vanilla and the coconut and gently mix to combine.
Line a baking tray with a non stick liner or baking paper. Roll a spoonful of macaroon mixture into a small firm ball and place evenly on the baking tray.
Bake at 180C/350F for10-12 minutes depending on your oven and the humidity.

NOTES
Optional, you may like the subtle vanilla flavour of these macaroons, but others have enjoyed adapting these by adding almond essence, cinnamon or dipping in chocolate. The choice is yours ...

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Serving size: 1 Macaroon Calories: 29
Fat: 2.6g Carbohydrates: 1g Sugar: 0.3g Fibre: 0.65g Protein: 0.69g

Do go over to Libby's Ditch the Carbs site for more information - see here

~ xxx ~ 

Don't like macaroons!
How about, Low Carb Chocolate Muffin, in a mug.
With this recipe you can microwave or oven-bake - more details here

just putting the kettle on
a cup of tea with a macaroon
or chocolate muffin😋

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

38 comments:

Pam said...

Would love to have a kettle like that in purple. lol.....those macaroons do look good.

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I've had them.

roentare said...

Looks very nice to eat

happyone said...

They sure look good!!!

Tom said...

...I haven't had a macaroon in ages.

Chatty Crone said...

LOL - No coconut for me!

Catarina said...

I have all the ingredients including the egg whites!
Will make them tonight instead of the diet muffins I was planning to make later.
Thanks! : )

Christine said...

Looks so good!

kathyinozarks said...

thank you for the recipe-I need to make these I love macaroons

Sally said...

I've never had a macaroon! Those look and sound so good. I may have to try to make some. You always have the best recipes.

xoxo

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ven tan ricos te mando un beso.

Conniecrafter said...

looks good

DeniseinVA said...

Yum! Thanks Jan. All the best :)

Fun60 said...

They look delicious.

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

I am very attracted to this recipe, I love chocolate even with its risks but if there is a way to make it more beneficial I will make it, these macaroni although I think that is not the exact translation have to be very good.
Best regards.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Oh this is so tempting, especially as I have just arrived in the UK to find snow, I think its a tea and macaroon day for sure!
Wren x

Angie's Recipes said...

I would need a dozen, please :-))

Jenny Woolf said...

Thanks for this. I have a great recipe for banana cake in a mug but not a chocolate one.

linda said...

I'll have one of each yum.

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't had a coconut macaroon for long time so these look so yummy!

Donna said...

Never had a locarb macaroon...thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I am definitely going to make these. Thank you.

Jeanie said...

I haven't made macaroons in ages. And I love them. So thanks!

Caroline said...

It s looking delicious. Have a nice day, greetings Caroline

Bill said...

It's been a very long time since I had one.

Carla from The River said...

Oh, I have not enjoyed one of these in a long while. I am coming on over.
xx oo
Carla

Maria Rodrigues said...

What a delicious look.
Happy woman's Day!

Mary Kirkland said...

Oh those look so good.

Teresa said...

Siempre interesantes. Besos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I used to love macaroons until I learned I am allergic to coconut.

Happy International Women's Day, Jan.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This looks very good. I am really trying to be careful when it comes to white sugar.

Snowbird said...

Oh my! Littl'urchin would just love those.xxx

baili said...

oh this one is definitely irresistibly great dear Jan

i think i will try this
i am on urge to kip sugar completely
wish me luck

carol l mckenna said...

Macaroons are always delish ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Steve said...

delicious meal and looks enticing hope i can try this someday

Giorgio said...

Interesting statistic and info! Great post!

Lowcarb team member said...

Giorgio said...
Interesting statistic and info! Great post!

Hello Giorgio
Many thanks for your comment, which I think you meant for this post here:-
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2023/03/us-life-span-falling-behind-our-peer.html

I have therefore copied and pasted your comment there...

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

i have never made macaroons, but they do sound yummy. i have tried many recipes but have never had any luck with baking cakes in a mug. i have tried several recipes!!