Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 February 2024

Cauliflower Cheese Bites ... so tasty!

Why not liven up your lunches (and lunchboxes) with these cauliflower cheese bites using creamy Cheddar cheese, spinach and cherry tomatoes. These cheesy snacks are perfect for batch cooking ahead of a busy week – they can be stored for 3 days and enjoyed throughout the week.


Ingredients
Makes Six
¼ cauliflower *
3 eggs
15g baby spinach, chopped
60g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
6 cherry tomatoes, halved

Method
1. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for 4-6 mins until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool a little.
2. Meanwhile, grease a 6-hole mini muffin tin with butter. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then stir in the spinach and 45g of the cheese. Chop the cooled cauliflower into small pieces and stir into the egg mixture; season. Divide the mixture between the holes in the muffin tin, place 2 tomato halves into each, then divide the remaining cheese between them.
3. Bake for 25-30 mins until set and turning golden. Allow to cool a little before removing from the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.

Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date.

Each serving provides
Carbohydrate 1.4g Protein 7.4g Fat 8g Fibre 0.8g
From original recipe idea here
* If you don't have cauliflower try using broccoli

Related Posts
Eight Health Benefits of Cauliflower - see here
Cheddar, a classic cheese - see here

~ enjoy your day ~

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

chica said...

Uma ótima sugestão.Nutritivo e bem simples de fazer!

Adorei!

beijos,chica

Tom said...

...I would enjoy this!

Christine said...

These look so good!

Mary Kirkland said...

That sounds really good.

Norma2 said...

A great recipe without carbs! Mind you, the computer tells me 60 eggs! among the ingredients

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO

Norma2 who said...
A great recipe without carbs! Mind you, the computer tells me 60 eggs! among the ingredients

Hello Norma2 ...
60 eggs!!!
Don't know what the computer is doing???

I double checked what I'd written on my post and
definitely 3 eggs but 60g of cheese.

These bites are good though :)

All the best Jan

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

These sound yummy! All the ingredients we love. Thank you.

happyone said...

They look and sound great. I'm sure I would love it.

My name is Erika. said...

Those bites look tasty and would make a great appetizer.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Yum! I would eat these anytime, even for breakfast! x K

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I will eat just about anything oozing melted golden bubbly cheese, even cauliflower.

Christine said...

Thanks for pointing out that my cauliflower soup was missing from my Thursday post!

Angie's Recipes said...

They look so inviting!

Margaret D said...

They do look nice and I bet they are Jan.

jabblog said...

They look very tasty but I'd have to try making them without eggs. They wouldn't hold together so well, of course.

P-and-P said...

These look delicious. :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We just love cauliflowers. (White broccoli?)

God bless.

Donna said...

Tasty little bites for people who love cauliflower.
hugs
Donna

baili said...

oh sounds so yummy !!!!
blessings to you and family!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Cauliflower and cheese is a world class combination.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
They do look yummy, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead.

Chatty Crone said...

I love it! We tried to rice one last week and it was a failure tho. lol

CJ Kennedy said...

Yummy

Conniecrafter said...

I think my hubby will really like these, I needed some more ideas, thanks

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice recipe, and looks easy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Very yummy! Valerie

DVArtist said...

Ooohhhh these look so good. Have a nice day today.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I enjoy cauliflower, Jan, I am going to take a pass on preparing it this way instead it will be used for soup, roasted or riced. That said, your resulting cheesy cauliflower looked delicious and sure that it tasted even better.

Carola Bartz said...

I'm getting hungry just reading this! I will definitely save this recipe, but may replace the cheddar with a different cheese. Thank you for the recipe!

Buttercup said...

I love cauliflower. These will be on my dinner list for this week. They look terrific.

Lorrie said...

They look so good, Jan, and a couple of them would be perfect with a bowl of soup for lunch. Thank you!

Sami said...

These look yummi! I'll have to do these for my husband as he's not a fan of plain broccoli or cauliflower, but a cheese one he would love :)
Thanks Jan

Teresa said...

Seguro que está buenísimo. Me encanta la coliflor. Besos.

William Kendall said...

I'd like that.