Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 July 2024

Mediterranean-style tray-bake using lamb chops

Lamb is usually a very tasty meat, but can be expensive. We don't eat it too often - in fact I keep a look out for special offers at my supermarket, Farmer's Market or butcher ... depending on where I maybe shopping! If you are not too familiar with the different cuts of lamb, have a read here

However, this lamb chop tray-bake can make the perfect weeknight dinner/supper - simple, flavourful chops served with lots of healthy Mediterranean vegetables and a little feta cheese 😋



Ingredients
Serves four
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
4 lean lamb chops or cutlets
1 aubergine/eggplant, sliced
4 courgettes/zucchini, sliced
2 red peppers, cut into large chunks
2 yellow peppers, cut into large chunks
85g/3oz feta cheese, crumbled
250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
To serve
mixed leaf salad

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4.
2. Using a pestle and mortar or food processor, blend together the mint, rosemary and the garlic, then add one tablespoon of the olive oil. Smear the herb mixture over the lamb chops.
3. Place the aubergine, courgette and peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and place the lamb chops on top. Place into the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and top the chops with the feta and add the cherry tomatoes to the tray. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese just starts to brown and the lamb chops are just cooked through.
5. Serve the chops with the roasted vegetables and mixed leaf salad.

This meal provides
200 kcal, 9g protein, 15g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars),
11.5g fat (of which 4g saturates), 7g fibre and 0.8g salt per portion.
From original recipe seen here

Alternative Tray Bake Recipes can be seen here and here


~ Happy 4th of July ~
A bouquet of red, white and blue to all our American friends as you celebrate today.

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

19 comments:

Tom said...

...a colorful treat!

Mari said...

Lamb is not something I see around here. I think I've had it once in my life! This recipe looks good though. I love the veggies with it.

Rose said...

I wish I could taste this! Enjoyed the link about the different cuts and how to fix them.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Angie's Recipes said...

Absolutely love lamb! This looks very tasty.

Elephant's Child said...

Without the lamb I would enjoy this.

Margaret D said...

Looks lovely Jan. We eat lamb in fact we eat most meat including poultry.

jabblog said...

Tray bakes are so easy to prepare and eat - and not too much washing-up;-)

Katerinas Blog said...

Looks like a very tasty recipe with the lamb!
We can make different variations if we don't have lamb!
Thank you !

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious, another great recipe!
Take care, have a happy day!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There was a time when I would have attacked this with relish. Now, I can’t even imagine eating lamb chops.

Divers and Sundry said...

I have never had lamb.

Bill said...

I'm not a fan of lamb so I would need to replace it with something else.

linda said...

I love Lamb it looks yummy.

Ananka said...

I'd have it without the lamb, maybe some Quorn. Sounds good and healthy.

Even when I was a meat eater - I didn't like lamb!

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey Jan! I love how many veggies are included. Yum.

happyone said...

I like lamb but Ken doesn't so don't have it at home.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

A colourful dish.

Teresa said...

El cordero me gusta muy poco y no lo solemos comer, pero la receta se ve bien. Besos.