Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Scrambled Egg and Feta Hash : For Breakfast or Lunch



Why not start your day with this Joe Wicks recipe, for a scrambled egg and feta hash. It is a speedy, high protein breakfast, which takes about fifteen minutes to make, and is packed with flavour. Using a mix of spring onions, chives and feta cheese, the eggs are served on a bed of spinach, thus keeping the carbohydrate count low. It’s also a source of calcium, vitamin C and iron – a great way to kick start your day and stay full until lunch!

Of course there may be some readers who would prefer to enjoy this for lunch! As always dear reader, the choice is yours ...

Ingredients
Serves One
1 tbsp coconut oil
90g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
60g feta, cut into small cubes
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp snipped chives
110g spinach

Method
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat. Add the tomatoes and spring onions, and cook gently for 3-4 mins until softened.
2. Add the feta and cook for 1 min to warm through, then pour in the eggs and chives. Season with pepper and keep stirring to scramble the eggs. Put a handful of the spinach on a plate and top with the eggs. Serve the rest of the spinach on the side.

Nutrition Per Serving
Fat 37g Protein 32g Carbs 5g Fibre 2g
From original idea here

Alternative Recipe Suggestion 
Tofu Vegan Scrambled Egg - see here


~ enjoy your day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

This sounds very delicious. I will save this recipe - I love the tomatoes in it and that it is served on spinach. Just lovely. Thank you! - Carola

Tom said...

...I'll stick with just the eggs.

Angie's Recipes said...

Nutritious and delicious!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This looks delicious and I would even serve it as a light dinner, too! I will definitely try it - thank you for sharing. Hope your week is lovely with a little summertime fun. xx K

Katerinas Blog said...

Looks like a delicious recipe!

Elephant's Child said...

That looks and sounds GOOD.

Margaret D said...

Sounds nice Jan.

jabblog said...

It looks lovely - I will point the recipe in Barry's direction.

John's Island said...

Hi Jan, This scrambled egg and feta hash recipe sounds delicious and nutritious! A perfect way to start the day or even enjoy for lunch. Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try it! I hope you and Eddie are enjoying a happy start to summer. All the best from Seattle! John

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious! Take care, enjoy your day!

baili said...

such a tasty and yummy egg dish Jan :)
tempting !!!!!!!!!!!!
health peace and joy to you and family !

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I always love the way feta melts into scrambled eggs. Looks delicious and perfect for breakfast or lunch. Thanks.

Pam said...

Yummy.....now I think I want some scrabbled eggs...

Jeanie said...

Now I'm really wishing I had bought Feta when I was at the market yesterday. Love everything in this!

Debbie said...

yum!! i just watched gordon ramsay make scrambled eggs. he used an interesting technique. i love feta, i would def add it to scrambled eggs!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Or supper!

Sue said...

Oooh I love feta! I especially enjoy eating it in Greece (followed by Greek yogurt and honey - yum) Take care and have a great week Jan & Eddie xx

Mary Kirkland said...

I usually have two boiled eggs for breakfast but that sounds good too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I like scrambled eggs and cheese in them, just not feta cheese, I substitute cream cheese instead.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Canada Day!

Ananka said...

Looks very healthy. I like the look of the tofu one too. :-)

happyone said...

Looks pretty good!!

Teresa said...

Otra receta interesante. Besos.

DUTA said...

Why not, indeed?
I like scrambled eggs and I like Feta cheese - so, let's do it! Thanks, Jan

Rose said...

That sounds good any time!