Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 July 2024

Mozzarella, Peach and Tomato Salad : Perfect For Summer Weekends


The words summer and salad seem to go together so well - so do the ingredients used in this recipe. A colourful peach and mozzarella salad is just perfect for when juicy peaches and tomatoes are at their seasonal best. It is so simple to make, but the fresh summer flavour combination of creamy mozzarella, sweet stone fruit and tangy tomatoes really will impress. For a delicious taste of summer please read on.

Ingredients
Serves Six
4 ripe peaches, halved, stoned and sliced
120g sweet mixed baby tomatoes, halved
2 tomatoes, sliced
15g fresh basil leaves
½ lemon, juiced
3 tbsp. olive oil
250g mozzarella
½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced

Method
1. Put the peaches and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add half the basil, the lemon juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil; season and toss together. Transfer to a serving plate.
2. Tear the mozzarella over the salad and scatter over the chilli and remaining basil; season. Drizzle with the remaining oil.

Nutrition per serving
Carbohydrate 7.3g Protein 8.3g Fat 13g
From an original idea here

~ wishing you happy summer days ~

There are a variety of recipes within this blog. Please note, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

35 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Another I will have to remember when summer comes round again.

Mari said...

Oh my! That looks fabulous! I love the combo of basil, mozzarella and tomato, but have never heard of peach with it. I have to try it~!

Lorrie said...

Oh, that does look good. I'm impatiently waiting for garden ripe tomatoes as no store bought ones can compete.

Tom said...

...a summer delight.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Christine said...

Delicious

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks so colourful and appetizing!

Granny Marigold said...

A wonderful summer salad 💗

Rustic Pumpkin said...

unsure about tomatoes but would love to make it with oranges and peaches, so clean and refreshing for summer!

Margaret D said...

Two fruits together - tomatoes and peaches, it sounds nice Jan.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful flowers, and this sounds like a great salad! Happy weekend!

jabblog said...

I can imagine how fresh and juicy this tastes - delicious!

eileeninmd said...

The salad look delicious, yum!
Take care, have a great weekend.

Donna said...

Looks wonderful and refreshing....
Happy weekend!
hugs
Donna

My name is Erika. said...

I may have to try this once I get some ripe tomatoes. I never thought of peaches with tomatoes, but a good peach and a good tomato can't be beat! Have a great weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I never considered marrying peaches with tomatoes. Sounds different.

Pam said...

Love a moz and tomato salad but I have never put peaches on mine. Sounds like something I might try. I also, love making a tomato sandwich with moz cheese and then I throw on some basil. YUM

Katerinas Blog said...

The salad is definitely great.
I put peaches in my salad,
they are amazing!!
Have a nice Sunday!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wow
The salad looks very appetizing. Perfect for the heat.
Have a nice weekend:)

Bill said...

Looks delicious!

Ananka said...

Peach in a salad, interesting idea. I must try it :-D

sandy said...

wow looks so good and perfect for hot day.

Mary Kirkland said...

Oh yes, I would eat this.

Giorgio said...

I have heard of spinach with pears and orange with fennel, but not of peaches with mozzarella cheese. I will give it a try, as it seems perfect in Summer. In addition, I think that salad is a well balanced dish (carbs and protein). Thank you for sharing!

HappyK said...

Another tasty looking meal.

Catarina said...

My kind of salad!!

ashok said...

That looks so good!

CJ Kennedy said...

Oooh, that sounds real yummy!

Barwitzki said...

The salad looks very good. In the summer I always like to have any kind of salad.
I send you a Sunday evening greeting and wish you a happy new week.
Hug Viola

Teresa said...

Con el calor apetecen las ensaladas. Besos.

Conniecrafter said...

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend!

DMS said...

I have never thought about adding peaches to my salads- but this looks delicious. Thanks for sparking a new idea! :)

This N That said...

A cool looking salad! Perfect and timely since peaches are in season this week. Enjoy your week.

Rose said...

I cannot imagine what this combination tastes like...it sounds like it would at least be something interesting.

Divers and Sundry said...

My mouth is watering. I need to put mozzarella on my grocery list.