Total Pageviews

Friday 24 February 2012

Cheap SD Codefree BG monitor and test strips.!

I recently purchased this meter for £9.95 from e-bay, test strips cost just £4.99 for 50, all + postage. I don't know if this a short term introductory price or not but I suspect it is, only time will tell though..

I've been comparing the test results with my Compact Plus, I've only done six tests in total but
the SD has consistently given a reading within 0.2 to 0.4mmol/L of the Compact.



As this could be of benefit to T2s I'll give a direct link:

SD Monitor:


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CODEFREE-BLOOD-GLUCOSE-METER-MONITOR-mmol-TEST-TESTING-KIT-STRIPS-LANCETS-CASE-/220903935762?_trksid=p5197.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26itu%3DI%252BUA%26otn%3D12%26pmod%3D310354761742%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6560720946144045172

Test Strips:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/310354761742?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Graham

4 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

A great find Graham well done. If these meters and strips prove to be reliable, this company could take a huge slice of the market. I suspect even at these low prices they are not selling at a loss. The usual mark up for strips reflects a rip off. Let’s hope this firm wants a big chunk of the market and keeps marketing aggressively and taking market share. At these prices almost everyone can afford to keep a close eye on their BG numbers.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"A great find Graham"

I can't take credit for the find Eddie, I first read about the meter on the DCUK forum.

Graham

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have recently discovered that my SD Codefree is far than accurate!! I have been comparing this monitor with an On Call Advanced AND a Contour by Bayer. I have been very disappointed with the Codefree as there is a difference between 2.0 and 5.0 mmol/L each time!

Lowcarb team member said...

I would check into this, the meter must be defective if you are using it correctly. Don't forget all meters can be plus or minus 20% but good meters are are around 10% out.

Most people say the SD Codefree is good.

Regards Eddie