Total Pageviews

Friday 2 May 2014

Great low carb grub. Not approved by the British Dietetic Association !



This was last nights low carb meal. A slow casserole of pork, red peppers, onion, courgettes, and mushrooms, served with cheesy leeks. The sort of food that has kept my blood glucose number non diabetic, on a couple of cheap Metformin pills per day, for six years.

It's very low carb and not condoned by the British Dietetic Association. Diabetics are instructed to eat starchy carbs with every meal, which leads to increased medication. The BDA and the NHS have presided over the complete dietary catastrophes for years. As the epidemics of obesity, type two diabetes and metabolic syndromes get worse, these people keep safe and keep to the rules. The big question? how do these people sleep at night, do they not realise the damage they are doing?

What is the name of the game here? Stick to the outdated rules and bent science, keep your job, and stuff the millions of UK diabetics. 

Eddie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a very nice meal to me, and pork is quite reasonably priced.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are some nutritionists and dietitcians who read your blog that would approve of this recipe Eddie.
Speaking as a T2 diabetic I know I do.

Jean

paul1976 said...

Off topic I know but I've just noticed that another 500 page views or so and you've hit the 1 million page view mark! :-)

Congratulations to the good guys here(Eddie,Graham,John,Jan) who founded the blog to spread the good news and truth despite it earning no salary and receiving lot's of undeserved grief over the years but despite all that the message is stronger than ever!

I therefore raise a toast to the Low Carb Diabetic blog,the team and the people who contributed to this blog as all of you have taught me a great deal as a relative 'newbie'!

You guys rock!

Paul



Rick Gladney said...

That looks great. Where is the recipe. I want to try to make this. I'm American, do you think I would like it?

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks Paul

You have helped us Paul and we are grateful. I intend to do far more with the new blog soon, on which you have done a lot.

Keep kicking butt at the flog and spreading the word. Looks like the antis have all but called it a day eh.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Rick

I am sure you would like it. I will post more details on method etc. later. It's very easy, even I can throw it together, and I am a million miles from being a cook.

Eddie

Rick Gladney said...

Thanks, it looks good!

Lowcarb team member said...

"Rick Gladney said...
That looks great. Where is the recipe. I want to try to make this. I'm American, do you think I would like it?"

Rick

I had forgotten we have it here.

http://www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/pork-casserole-rustic-style.html

Eddie