800g/1lb 12oz courgettes (zucchini), sliced into 5mm/¼in rounds
few sprigs thyme
few basil leaves
100ml/3½fl oz. crème fraîche
50ml/2fl oz. milk
1 tsp plain flour
75g/2½oz gruyère or similar cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas 6
2. Put the olive oil in a large, lidded frying pan. Add the courgettes and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring every so often, until the courgettes have softened slightly but are still al dente. The oil should have taken on a deep, rich green colour from the courgettes.
4. Transfer to an oven dish. Whisk the crème fraîche, milk and flour together in a bowl and season with salt. Pour this mixture over the courgettes – it will not be enough to completely cover the courgettes, but this is fine – it will bubble up when cooking.
5. Sprinkle over the cheese. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.
Nutrition each serving
10g protein, 5.5g carbohydrate, 23g fat, 2g fibre, 0.7g salt.
Recipe from here
All the best Jan