Total Pageviews

Friday 25 June 2021

Oh No! I Missed National Pink Day - did you?

If you are a regular reader here you will know that pink is my favourite colour, so perhaps I should have known that 23rd June was 'National Pink Day' but I didn't! I looked further into this day and, "as is the case with a number of digital-age holidays, the exact origins and celebrations of National Pink Day have been lost in time. Apparently 'National Pink Day' is celebrated on June 23 every year. As you might imagine, it’s a day to celebrate the meaning, history, and beauty of the pale shade of red. Surveys in both the United States and Europe found pink to be most commonly associated with femininity, sensitivity and tenderness." Read more about this day here

So in honour of the colour pink, I share a few photographs,
all were taken a while ago


my pink coat keeps me warm in cooler days


looking back at summer fun,
 alas even my pink trainers didn't bring a hole in one at dinosaur golf! LOL!


Salmon in a creamy rosé sauce with tarragon and pink peppercorns
makes an enjoyable low carb meal
see details here


can I pour you a refreshing glass of Rose wine?
Did you know that National Rosé Wine Day
is held every year on the second Saturday in June,
I missed that too! Oh dear!
read more here

Did you know about these two days?
Perhaps your favourite colour has a special day! 

A variety of posts/articles and recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

38 comments:

Catarina said...

I could have worn my pink running shoes had I known...

Tom said...

...this is all new to me. I'm one BIG guy and I wear pink!

Martha said...

Love your pink photos, especially the shoes. :)

J.P. Alexander said...

No conocía los días genial entrada. Te mando un beso

DVArtist said...

Nice photos of you. I am just not a pink girl. LOL

Christine said...

Happy belated pink day! Cute pink photos.

William Kendall said...

I didn't know there was such a day.

Lee said...

I did not know that!

I don't have any pink clothing. I have lots of red, though. Perhaps I should hang some out in the sun to help fade them to a pink! :)

Practical Parsimony said...

No, I did not. Pink is my favorite color, too. I love pink.

Elephant's Child said...

Love your pink shoes. I am wearing a deep pink top today - a bit late, but never mind.

Iris Flavia said...

I back then painted my bike pink. Baaad mistake. You are not allowed to drive to the bike-park (logic??) and the teacher always got me cause my bike shone so bright.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I didn't now there was such a day but would have worn a pink tee shirt! Of course it's the colour of breast cancer awareness ribbon/advertising so could have been put to good use to raise awareness. I did eat strawberries so something pink happened.

Jo said...

There seems to be a day for just about everything. I'd have had a glass of rose had I known about National Pink Day. Any excuse!

Valerie-Jael said...

I have sneakers in all colours, including lovely pink. Great photos of you! Have a great day, Valerie

Barwitzki said...

Ahhh ... pink ... I've found my way back to the color. Actually it is the color of the little girls and later excellent again for us "older" women ... Joy of life and joie de vivre with PINK :-)))
At the moment I drink rosé wine on warm summer evenings ... a little - a little! -
every evening ... wonderful.
Greetings to you... Viola... and have a happy day.

linda said...

There seems to be a day for everything, I had never heard of pink day that's for sure but I was wearing a pink top all day so I was celebrating without even realising it. Have a great weekend.

eileeninmd said...

I missed pink day too, but I do not have anything pink to wear.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

Margaret D said...

Didn't know there was a pink day - hope you had a good one.

R's Rue said...

I love the color pink. Happy Friday.

Jeanie said...

I love your pink coat! I didn't know about National Rose day, either. But that was the day of our Cork Poppers and someone brought rose, so we celebrated, even though we didn't know we were!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I don't have pink clothes but I also like it when I see it with you! I also like the pink color in my pictures.
* wow * the salmon recipe is great!
Thanks for the information
Have a beautiful day, Elke

DMS said...

Pink shoes- how fun! Now you know when to celebrate in the future. :)
~Jess

Conniecrafter said...

No I had not heard of these days, pretty soon every day will have some special event for it :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems I remember you mentioning Pink Day in the past, but, otherwise, I am not familiar with either of these. You find the most unusual holidays, Jan.

Miss Val's Creations said...

What fun pink goodies! I only know about national pink day thru social media. There seems to be a day for everything which cracks me up!

Pam said...

I also missed it but basically cause I never knew there was a National Pink Day....haha.

Ananka said...

Happy Pink Day! I didn't know either. Love the pink trainers. :-D

happyone said...

I missed pink day too. Not my favorite color but like sure do like it. Enjoyed your pink photos.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely photos
I missed pink day. I won't miss it next year.

Sue said...

Ooops I missed it, my wall building brickie kit doesn't include any pink anyway lol. Take care xx

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

No I didn't know about either of those. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Carla from The River said...

I am a big fan of pink too. :-)

Louca por porcelana said...

Love your charming pink! Hugs!

Linda said...

I like your pink coat and I love the pink shoes!

betty-NZ said...

Oh, dear, I must pay more attention, too, as it just passed me by :)

Martha said...

Lovely images! I especially like your pink trainers! :)

Teresa said...

No sabía nada del día del rosa, el rosa es bonito pero no es mi color favorito. Besos.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love pink too! Great post! Big Hugs!