Eat it as a vegetarian meal or just add some meat or fish … as always dear reader the choice is yours.
1 large aubergine/eggplant, cut lengthwise into 2 cm (1 inch) thick slices
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Cheese of choice - mozzarella, parmesan, cashew cheese
Handful of fresh basil
250 g cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F : 200°C : Gas Mark 6
2. Arrange aubergine/eggplants on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
3. Set aside while you put everything together - the salt will help absorb moisture which will allow the aubergine/eggplant to bake nicely.
4. To make your bruschetta mix, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
5. Drizzle both sides of the aubergine/eggplant with olive oil, top with cheese of choice and spoon bruschetta mix on top.
6. Bake aubergine/eggplant for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Garnish with basil and serve warm.
From original recipe here