Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 May 2022

Mexican Breakfast Scramble : Low Carb : With or Without Eggs

 

Just because you don't eat eggs or dairy, doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a hearty breakfast scramble. This savoury breakfast is loaded with ground turkey and plant protein, Mexican flavours, and fresh veggies. It's an egg-free and dairy-free way to start your action-packed day.

However, for those readers who may prefer eggs, substitute the tofu for 2 eggs per serving.

Ingredients
Serves Four
13 oz. firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes .5" (1.5 cm)
1 lb ground (minced) turkey
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp taco seasoning
1 (4 oz.) red bell pepper, diced
1 (4 oz.) yellow onion, diced
salt and pepper
1 (7 oz.) avocado mashed
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
4 tbsp sour cream, dairy-free or vegan
1 tbsp lime juice
Instructions
can be seen here

Breakfast Recipe Suggestions you may want to try
English Breakfast Frittata - see here
Breakfast Vegetarian Casserole - see here
Avocado Breakfast Burger - see here


~ will it be tea or coffee with your breakfast? ~

You will find a variety of recipes and articles within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

22 comments:

Susan Kane said...

My S-in law is allergic to eggs. I love the substitutions.

Christine said...

looks delicious!

Tom said...

...eggs always start my day!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I need change in my breakfast line.
Coffee is on and stay safe

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial desayuno se ve muy rico. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks delicious and a great substitute when you want to cut down on eggs.

Elephant's Child said...

Interesting. I am fond of tofu (though my partner refers to it as beanturd). Cilantro? NOT for me. Nor turkey mince. The recipe has charm though and could be adapted easily I think to suit my diet and tastes.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks great! Have a wonderfu week, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious, a yummy breakfast.
Have a great day and a happy new week!

CJ Kennedy said...

I like how the recipe can easily be adapted per taste

Teresa said...

Siempre café para mí. Besos.

Martha said...

This sounds so delicious!

Carla from The River said...

We love to start the day with eggs and coffee. ;-)

DVArtist said...

I will take Mexican breakfast anytime of day.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my! That looks so very good. I love stuff like this! I hope your week is lovely. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

William Kendall said...

I imagine that'll get a bit spicy.

My name is Erika. said...

That does look good. I'll stick with my eggs over tofu but it is good to have choices.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I love eggs, we have them a few times a week.

Jeanie said...

This would be wonderful for dinner, too. Eggs are just the best!

baili said...

i loved and ate eggs more than anything else but no eggs since some years at all :(

recipe sounds mouthwatering lol i have to work hard on self control

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks delicious. I am not the biggest fan of tofu, but I do love eggs. I am a coffee drinker in the morning and love herbal tea in the afternoon or evening.

Divers and Sundry said...

Coffee, please :) And I'll have eggs with mine, thanks.