Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2022

Chicken, Leek and Cheddar Cheese Bake

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Yes, sharing a tasty chicken recipe! You really can't have too many can you!? For me chicken has so many plus points. Its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it can be cooked, make it one of the most popular meats around. It's certainly popular in our house! Plus of course it has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium... and it's usually reasonably priced too!


Easy to make and ready in half an hour, this chicken, leek and Cheddar Cheese bake recipe is the perfect midweek bake for the family. This delicious recipe serves 4 people and will take about 35 mins to rustle up. Packed with plenty of flavour, thanks to the buttery Cheddar cheese sauce and tangy leeks. This recipe uses chicken breasts but you could use other cuts of chicken too including thigh or wings to cut the cost down.

Ingredients
1tbsp oil
4 chicken breasts, diced
2 leeks, washed and sliced
25g butter
150ml double (heavy) cream
150ml full fat milk
125g Cheddar cheese, grated

Method
1. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken for 5 mins. Add the leeks and fry for 10 mins, covered.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan (low heat) and stir in the cream. Cook for about 1 min. Off the heat, gradually whisk in the milk then bring to the boil, keep stirring. Season and add half the cheese and stir until melted.
3. Place the chicken in a heatproof serving dish and pour over the cheese sauce.
4. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a preheated grill for 2-3 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad.

Recipe adapted from original idea here
Such an easy bake recipe, hope you enjoy it !

~ enjoy your day ~

A variety of recipes and articles are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

39 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never had leeks.

Christine said...

Yummy!

John M said...

For me the browned cheese makes the dish so good.

Lorrie said...

I roasted a chicken yesterday and this sauce would be good with the leftovers, along with sauteed leeks or onions.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

You are right, we can't have too many chicken recipes! This sure is making me hungry. I'm going to copy the recipe right away. Happy May!

My name is Erika. said...

This looks really delicious.

Rose said...

This sounds delicious. And I think it is something we both would eat.

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

chicken and leek together is yummy
Coffee is on and stay safe

Kim said...

I've never had leeks, but you had me at chicken and cheddar cheese! Yum!

Jules said...

This sounds delicious. Another for the recipe collection. X

Fun60 said...

Sounds and looks delicious. I love leeks with chicken.

Margaret D said...

Sound real yummy..

Elephant's Child said...

Simple and tasty are always winners - even though this one is not for me.

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome recipe, certainly looks great...

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds delicious, I love leeks! Valerie

Giorgio said...

Great chicken recipe! I would like to use olive oil instead of butter. I love cheddar cheese, but it isn't easy to find it here in Rome. My daughter sometimes makes baked potatoes with cheddar chese.
Thanks for sharing :-)

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious, I have never tried leeks. Pretty tulips.
Thanks for sharing. Take care, enjoy your day!

Phil Slade said...

Kalimera The WiFi is poor. Catch up with you soon from Greece.

Martha said...

Such a yummy dish!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh... leeks. Yes, please. I love those.

DUTA said...

Every word sai/written by you on chicken is the absolute truth.

Kinga K. said...

I like cheddar❤

happyone said...

That sure does sound tasty.

Susan Kane said...

Recipe sounds delicious. Leeks have such a great taste.

Angie said...

Jan - I like anything with leeks!

Teresa said...

Se ve una receta sabrosa. Besos.

linda said...

This looks amazing.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks delicious.

Jeanie said...

Chicken, leeks and cheese? I'm definitely in! Have a great weekend!

DVArtist said...

OMG yummy good.

It's me said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm….yammie…happy weekend love from me ..and thanks for your double comment on my blog 😉🍀🌸🌺

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I may have to try this even though leeks don't agree with me.

Conniecrafter said...

that sounds interesting, I wonder what we could substitute for the leeks

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This casserole isn't for sissies. I would gladly eat it.

William Kendall said...

I've never had leek either.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wow!
What greatness, what deliciousness.
Hugs and greetings:)

Sue said...

Yum! All my favourite foods in one dish! x

Lowcarb team member said...

Conniecrafter said...
that sounds interesting, I wonder what we could substitute for the leeks

Hello Connie
A substitute for leeks could be onions!
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2020/10/leeks-versatile-member-of-allium-family.html

All the best Jan