Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Getting ready for Fridays fish dish : White fish with black olives and tomatoes

Well, it doesn't have to be a Friday to enjoy a fish dish, but this is what we may enjoy this coming Friday for dinner. It's a one pot recipe for fish with black olives and tomatoes - so quick, easy and tasty.
Just have to check I have all the ingredients ...


This is a lovely one-pot fish dish. Just five minutes on the hob, 15 minutes in the oven, this tasty fish dish is one-pot cooking at its best. Have a look and see what you think!

Ingredients
Serves 4
(7g carb per serving)
175g black olives in oil, stones removed
1 large onion, roughly chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
4 boneless white fish fillets such as Icelandic cod or hoki, each weighing about 175g/6oz
salt/pepper to taste

To serve
chopped parsley
lemon wedges

Method
1. Preheat the oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil from the olives in an ovenproof pan. Tip in the onion and stir well, leave to cook for a minute or two and then give it another good stir. Add the tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then add the olives.
2. Put the fish, skin side down, onto the sauce and drizzle over a splash more oil from the olive jar. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the fish is cooked. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve straight from the pan, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
From original recipe idea here

Recipe Tips
If you like your food spicy, add a small pinch of red chilli flakes to the onion.
You may wish to add a little garlic (if you like it)
A handful of quartered artichoke hearts from a jar can be added as well as, or instead of, the olives.
This is a wonderful recipe to 'tweak' a little for your preferred taste.

Related Post
Fish - Can Be Fabulous - Read it here


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Well, that looks very good, Jan! I do love fish!

Elephant's Child said...

Interesting. I would never have thought of combining olives and fish.

Christine said...

looks delicious!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la reseña te mando un beso.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never bought olives in oil. Sounds interesting and looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Looks good and tasty, although, the last time I had olives, they did not set with me too well.

Margaret D said...

Looks good Jan.

aussie aNNie said...

mmm looks pretty good. x

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This looks tasty. I like fish ... and olives.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

Not for me, as I don't care for seafood.

Donna said...

Another tasty post!!
hugs
Donna

Tom said...

...we don't eat fish often enough.

Teresa said...

Una receta que seguro la haré algún día, me parece muy buena. Besos.

Jeanie said...

This sounds fabulous. I'm not very good at cooking fish but this seems so simple I think I could do it. And of course, the olives are always a hit with me. I love that you use the oil from the olives, too. It must have great flavor!

Divers and Sundry said...

I should branch out. I only ever bake salmon or make salmon or tuna salad. This looks good.

Bill said...

Looks good but I would skip the olives which I don't care for.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds so good! Valerie

baili said...

loved it ,worth try
thank you so much for sharing dear Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

Yummy!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We enjoy fish more than any other proteins for dinner and this one-pot meal looks like a good one. The addition of olives was interesting and good thing we like those as well.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de quarta-feira e obrigado pela visita.
Prefiro as azeitonas e azeite. Não sou muito fã de peixes.
Luiz Gomes

My name is Erika. said...

That is an interesting way to cook whitefish. I'm not sure I've ever had it that way.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like one pot recipes.

Caty said...

Love to eat fish with tomatoe, onion and garbic.
This is a yummy meal, thanks so much for sharing Jan.
I wish you a very nice Friday and weekend,
Big hugs
Caty

Conniecrafter said...

I don't like fish so that doesn't sound interesting but if it were chicken maybe :)
Have a great weekend!

Martha said...

This looks yummy. I haven't had fish in ages.