8 cheese slices
3 slices turkey breast
1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin sticks
2 balls of mini mozzarella
4 blueberries, halved
2 cherry tomatoes, halved
8 Kalamata or black pitted olives
¼ yellow pepper
4 baby spinach leaves
2 slices Italian salami
For the hidden veg tomato sauce
100g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 trimmed leek*, sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
1 carrot, grated
small handful fresh basil, chopped
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
1. Make the hidden vegetable sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the mushrooms, leek, pepper and carrot for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and basil and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Blitz until smooth with a hand-held stick blender or in a food processor. Set aside until ready to make the pizzas or freeze for a later date.
2. Heat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Toast the muffins and lay out on 2 lined baking sheets. Top each half with half a tablespoon of tomato sauce and a cheese slice, cutting to the same size as the muffins. Reserve the offcuts to make ears and beaks. Bake for 10 mins, until the cheese is melted and golden.
3. To make the owl, take 2 muffins and put 1 turkey slice onto each, then use the cheese offcuts to make the ears and beak. Add a couple of slices of red pepper strips for the wings and use the mini mozzarella and blueberries for the eyes.
4. To make the cat, cut the remaining turkey slice into 4 triangles for the ears and place on 2 of the muffins. Add blueberries for the eyes, an olive for the nose and red pepper sticks for the whiskers.
5. To make the rabbit, add halved cherry tomatoes to 2 of the muffins for the eyes, add an olive for the nose, 2 chunks of yellow pepper to make the teeth and add 2 spinach leaves for the ears.
6. To make the dog, halve each slice of salami and add to the remaining muffins to make ears. Place a piece of mozzarella in the middle to make the base of the nose, then top with a slice of olive. Use 2 olive slices to make the eyes, then cut the remaining red pepper sticks into tiny pieces and shape into a mouth.
All the best Jan