Total Pageviews

Friday 23 June 2023

Soups for Summer and Winter !

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere you may like this summer soup
It's just right for warmer days, with a combination of
avocado, cucumber and green onion, your soup bowl will be packed full of good nutrients
Avocado and Cucumber Soup


Ingredients
Serves Four
12 oz. (English) cucumber, peeled, cut into 4 pieces
2 Fresh California / Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded, quartered
(Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces.
If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.)
1 oz. green onion, cut into large pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 cup plain yogurt, plus extra for garnish
1 cup cold water or cold vegetable stock
1 cup ice cubes
Recipe instructions
can be seen here


For those who live in the Southern Hemisphere you may like this winter soup.
It's just right for the cooler winter months, so lovely and warming
Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup


Ingredients
Serves Four
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
2 parsnips, chopped
1-2 cups vegetable stock/broth
1 medium or ½ large cauliflower head
For the Roasted Parsnip Toppers
1-2 parsnips, thinly sliced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe instructions
can be seen here

If you should need help with measurement equivalents look here

We bring a variety of recipe ideas to this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

Romance Reader said...

I like the recipe, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The parsnip one looks very tasty.

Tina

Tom said...

...I enjoy hot soups best, even in the summer.

Christine said...

These look so good

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That avocado soup is something I will try. I even have most of the ingredients to make it tomorrow.



J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Angie's Recipes said...

I love soups! These sound and look so inviting.

Catarina said...

I like these suggestions.
Thank you!!

Margaret D said...

Lovely they seem Jan.

Elephant's Child said...

The cauliflower and parsnip soup sounds good. Thank you.

eileeninmd said...

I love soups and do not mind a hot soup in the summer.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Ahora que suben tanto la temperatura en Andalucía, hay costumbre de tomar un buen gazpacho, bien frío, para combatir la temperatura de 40º o más.

Feliz verano. Un abrazo

My name is Erika. said...

I bet both of these are yummy, and I like the idea of a cold soup with avocado. I bet its tasty. Happy weekend to you.

Donna said...

The A&C Soup! One of my favorites!
hugs
Donna

Phil Slade said...

I have fancied a nice pea soup for weeks now but the weather has been simply too hot and sunny. I wondered whether a cold pea soup might work but not got around to trying yet.

Teresa said...

Recetas siempre interesantes. Besos.

Mary Kirkland said...

I like soup.

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy soups for all seasons perhaps ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Good recipes for soups, thanks for sharing.

Jeanie said...

I love a good cold summer soup. Thanks!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I prefer a hot soup.

Debbie said...

the avocado soup sounds so yummy. it's been cool and raining here, i made zuppa tuscanna, it was so good!!

William Kendall said...

I wonder if I'll ever get around to trying avocado.

Conniecrafter said...

Not a big soup fan

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I would never have thought to put cauliflower and parsnip together as a combination for soup I'm not a huge fan of parsnip, but under the guise of everything else, it might be an easy way to incorporate it into my diet. I'm not a particular fan of cold soup. However, the minute I change it from soup to smoothie, I can drink it. Strange, isn't it? Thank you for these recipes.