Sunday 3 May 2015
Herb Omelette ... Simply Delicious
3 medium free-range eggs
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as fresh chives, dill and flat-leaf parsley)
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together until the yolks and whites are well combined.
2. Set a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the butter. As it begins to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Using a spatula, stir slowly for 15-20 seconds, as if you were making scrambled eggs.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place your herbs or choice of fillings around the centre of the omelette.
4. As soon as the egg begins to set on the bottom (about 1 minute), fold a third of the omelette towards the middle of the pan, enclosing the filling.
5. To remove the omelette from the pan and create the classic two-fold rolled effect, tilt the pan, slide the omelette out and use your spatula to create the final fold.
Omelettes are such a great way to start the day, or enjoy for lunch or even a light supper.
Original idea here
All the best Jan