Total Pageviews

Monday 12 December 2016

Black Forest Gateau : Low Carb : Perfect For Christmas Festivities





... now how about a lovely slice of Black Forest Gateau, can be perfect for the forthcoming Christmas and Seasonal Festivities - here is our low carb recipe idea.

Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
100 grams of pitted black cherries

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix. Pour into a 6" microwave proof dish. Microwave in a 700watt for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and 100 grams of pitted black cherries. Serves 6.

All the best Jan

15 comments:

Tom said...

...something to try.

Jo said...

Many people say how old fashioned Black Forest Gateau is but I don't care, I love it.

only slightly confused said...

Looks delightful but even on Christmas I'll stick with my cheese/fruit/crackers tray for dessert.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jan, I certainly enjoy reading your posts (and Eddie's also)... There is so much bad information out there --- Diabetes Type II is ALL OVER this country... It's due to obesity --which is unbelievable... Fast Food eating, no exercise, not enough rest, etc etc etc........

Thanks for all of your interesting recipes... We CAN eat healthy --if we just take time to do it... The Black Forest Gateau looks YUMMY.

I published a blog post today--so check it out when you have time.

Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Betsy

Snowbird said...

Oh my, that looks scrumptious! Fancy sharing???xxx

Debbie said...

no flour of any type?? or is the almond an almond flour?? anyway, this sure looks good - i am a cherry lover!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Low carb cake sounds worth a try. It is good to cut the carbs and the cake looks delicious. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks delicious! I have a few members of my family whio have to eat gluten free, and they can also enjoy this cake

Martha said...

Very tasty! Perfect for the holidays...and the rest of the year, too!

Red Rose Alley said...

I really wish I had a piece of this, Jan. It looks amazing. Not sure if you know this, but CHEERIES are my very favorite fruit. :) I hope you are having wonderful days leading up to Christmas.

~Sheri

The Happy Whisk said...

Very nice and I love, love, love adding homemade almond flour to my bakes. Such a lovely thing, the almond.

Conniecrafter said...

wow that looks good!

Dewena said...

Oh my, this looks good! A dessert recipe beginning with Black Forest conjures up memories of the cake I spent all day making years ago out of a German cookbook.

Crafty Green Poet said...

that looks delicious!

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so good! Thank you for all you do with your blog! It is appreciated!