Total Pageviews

Friday 30 December 2016

It certainly wasn't like that yesterday !

Seasons ... we have four of them! Now some love winter, while others prefer summer. Speaking personally I have two favourites, and they are Spring and Autumn. Of course that isn't to say I dislike the others ... in fact I think we should embrace each day, perhaps 'grab it with two hands' and make it the very best we can! 


Looking back to when it was like this 

and tennis was being played

it certainly wasn't like that yesterday!
In fact it was more like this

and thicker coats and hats were needed

except of course if you were indoors and practicing ballet steps ...

This cooler weather, I'm sure Grandma is cooking one of her lovely casseroles


pork casserole rustic style - such a simple recipe - it's one of her favourites

Ingredients:
Serves two
2/3 pork chops remove fat and cut into small pieces
2 large leeks chopped
1 hand full of button mushrooms
1 large sliced carrot
1 table spoon of dried mixed herbs
Approx 1 pint of gravy stock
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method
Clean, cut and place all ingredients in a casserole dish or earthenware oven proof pot with lid. Pour over the stock and cook at 190c in an electric oven 90 mins. Gas mark 5. I usually give it a little stir every 30 minutes!

What could be easier, very lowcarb, real food and tastes great. 

Whatever you are doing today have a good day
perhaps 'grab it with two hands' and enjoy it as best you can

All the best Jan

13 comments:

Jo said...

It's been so cold these past couple of days, it's warmed up a little again here today, thank goodness. I so agree, we should all grab these happy times with two hands, we never know what's around the corner.

Tom said...

...the days keep clicking away...enjoy them.

Mac n' Janet said...

We keep getting days in the 70's and then in the 50's, my body hates it. I wish it would pick a season and just stay there.

Debbie said...

what a great set of images and thoughts. i could not live without "seasons" - but my favorites are also the ones that are not so extreme. it will be spring before we know it!! adorable grands, thanks for sharing their happy faces!!!

Adam said...

I won't be playing tennis until it gets warm again

The Happy Whisk said...

Spring and Autumn for me, too!

Snowbird said...

Ahhh, loving those little darlings of yours and a glimpse of those warmer days, how quickly we forget.xxx

Lisa said...

Always a treat to see those little people.
The weather has been chilly these past couple of days, the fog has barely lifted from here today.
Lisa x

happyone said...

I really don't have a favorite season. I am happy to live in a place with all four and like them all.
Lovely photos.

Lisabella Russo said...

I loved your array of photos, it is beautiful... Fall and spring are my favorite seasons.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I am dreaming of those nice summer days right now too, but this is the best time to make the soups and such, the only time of year my hubby asks for them :)

Martha said...

What a lovely post! Such a great collection of images.
And it's spring and autumn for me, too! My favourite seasons.

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful pictures! I like Autumn and winter the best. Thanks for the recipe!