Total Pageviews

Monday 5 December 2016

Tiramisu the Low Carb Way : Certainly puts the 'T' in ChrisTmas !


This recipe idea can certainly put the 'T' into chrisTmas ! You can make this as boozy as you like, alternatively, you can omit the alcohol entirely, especially if you are serving to children. Why not simply drizzle a little brandy over the top of individual servings for those who like it... sounds good to me !

Ingredients:
Serves 10 slices
Flourless sponge cake
110g / 4 oz / 1 stick butter melted
½ cup coconut flour
3 -5 tbs granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
8 eggs
Coffee and brandy drizzle
1 cup very strong coffee
brandy (optional or use brandy essence)
Cream layer
1 cup heavy/double/whipping cream
2-4 tbsp sweetener of choice to taste
brandy to taste (optional or use brandy essence)
To decorate
40g / 1.5 oz dark 90% chocolate to decorate (optional)


Please go across to Libby's 'Ditch The Carbs' site to see the instructions and more here

If you should need help with weight/measurement conversions see here

A little more about Tiramisu ... from the Italian, spelled tiramisù and meaning "pick me up", "cheer me up" or "lift me up"! It is a a popular coffee-flavoured Italian custard dessert. Over the years the recipe has been adapted into many varieties of cakes and other desserts. Its origins are often disputed among Italian regions, but most accounts of the tiramisu date its invention to the 1960s in the region of Veneto, Italy, at the restaurant "Le Beccherie" in Treviso.

image from here

This will be great for the coming Christmas Season - or special occasion

All the best Jan

16 comments:

Jo said...

Tiramisu is something I'm not that keen on but it's Mick's favourite so we do have it in the house occasionally, though I have to admit to buying it rather than making it when we do. Your version does look very tasty though.

Tom said...

...looks good!

JFM said...

Looks yummy!!! But the alcohol would have to be left out for my family and me 🎄

Christine said...

Yummy!

only slightly confused said...

As a non dessert eater I can appreciate that it looks lovely but...the only T in Christmas as far as I'm concerned is TURKEY..LOL.

Martha said...

Wonderfully delicious!

Crafty Green Poet said...

my partner loves tiramisu. I'm more of a limoncello sorbet person myself!

Linda Kay said...

Very festive and looks delicious. Love tiramisu.

Dewena said...

You rang my bell with this one, Jan! Got to try it, didn't know there was a substitute for one of my favorite but carb loaded desserts. Thank you!

Things and Thoughts said...

Absolutely useful to know how to prepare and taste this Italian must without guilt!Thank you Jan for sharing again your wonderful recipes!
Happy countdown to Christmas
Olympia

Sandra Cox said...

OMG. Sinful! Love it:)

Stephanie said...

Looks delicious, dear Jan! I greatly appreciate your receips - thanks for sharing.

Hugs to you!

Linda said...

It does look good, Jan! :)

Red Rose Alley said...

The first time I had tiramisu was at a dinner party, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. This one looks a bit different and so Yummy. I didn't realize what the meaning of tiramisu was. Thanks for sharing, Jan.

~Sheri

Lisa said...

Oh yea please, this looks delicious. WOuld I have to share it?!
Lisa x

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy!!!!