Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 December 2016

Winchester Cathedral Choir - Silent Night

Well, my turn now! If you've read Eddie's post below, I can tell you the decorations are looking great. The theme as usual is red, I don't think you can beat it, and quite honestly our wooden Father Christmas and Post Box just wouldn't look the same in a different colour! But back to musical choices, this time of year sees so many different Christmas music choices. There are Carols, Hymns, Pop Songs, pre-school and even grand-children songs - and they are very special indeed. My choice tonight is the classic Silent Night ... I just love listening to this. I know there are still a couple of weeks to go until Christmas, but I couldn't resist posting this tonight. A few years back Eddie and I visited Winchester, a lovely Hampshire City, and we went into the Cathedral (if ever you get the chance I highly recommend a visit). Although there was a television crew recording some Christmas Carols, visits were still being allowed. To this day the sound remains so clear in my mind, those voices were marvelous and the saying 'it made the hairs on the back of my neck rise' was true. I hope you enjoy these wonderful voices ... All the best Jan

5 comments:

Christine said...

They sound so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful voices :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a beautiful song. One of my favorites. Thanks for sharing the video. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

happyone said...

A beautiful song sung that brings tears to my eyes.

Red Rose Alley said...

Jan, this is my favorite Christmas carol of all time. I watched the movie Silent Night last night, and I thought it was beautiful. I always wondered who wrote the lyrics to the song (it goes way back), and I thought it was an interesting and good movie.

Thanks for sharing my favorite song with me in yet another version. :)

~Sheri