Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Michael Joseph a man to be respected.

I have been extremely critical of dietetic associations over the years, and some of their registered dietitians. Some have said I am against all dietitians and nutritionists, nothing could be further from the truth. Here is a man for whom I have the greatest respect, I urge you to check out his excellent web site. You will find a goldmine of great information, together with fantastic recipes and great food ideas. Eddie


Michael Joseph his site is here

From Michael 

"I hold a Master’s degree in Nutrition Education, but I gained most of my knowledge in the real world; seeing how dietary intervention impacts people in their everyday life. And unfortunately, that’s where there is a big problem. You see, most of what we learn about healthy nutrition isn’t aligned with what the latest science actually says.

Diets that are lower in carbohydrate and high in healthy fats tend to maximise nutrient density and improve health markers across the board, so I favour a dietary system that looks a little like this.

Lastly: one thing I always try to teach is that one of the most important things about nutrition is that you should never blindly trust anything you read about nutrition (including from me!)

If you like something you read, then that’s great – but research it and verify the information for yourself"


Why not check out Michael's fantastic low carb, gluten free bread, full recipe and instructions can be found here. Very easy to make and looks wonderful.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

only slightly confused said...

That pizza....I've GOT to make some. I've been craving pizza for weeks now.

Anonymous said...

So what does this young man actually do apart from write a blog - what experience does he have?

Debbie said...

great advice - if only i had a personal chef, i know i could do it!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much!!!

chris c said...

I was going to ask a dietician on a different blog which nutritious foods I should NOT eat in order to cram in my 230-300g carbs per day, but she went away.

I do admit to having some dietary deficiencies from a low carb/ketogenic diet though. I have a total deficiency of statins, H2 blockers, antidepressants and very low blood levels of BP medication. OTOH my Vitamin D came back at 95 without any supplements.

This guy and a small but increasing number of others would probably tell me to keep on doing what I'm doing.