Total Pageviews

Friday 28 August 2020

Chocolate Zucchini/Courgette Cake : Low Carb : Gluten Free


Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' says, "this Low-Carb Chocolate Zucchini/Courgette Cake is an ideal moist keto chocolate cake filled with healthy shredded zucchini. You can’t taste any of the zucchini in the cake batter and the final baked cake won’t show any signs of having used any vegetables! It’s a sneaky way for your kids to eat their greens! At only 5.2g net carbs per slice, it’s the perfect healthy dessert."

Chocolate Zucchini/Courgette Cake
220 g butter softened
5 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to taste
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 eggs medium
200 g almond meal/flour
2 tsp baking powder
45 g cocoa powder unsweetened
4 cups zucchini/courgettes, grated/shredded measure before squeezing liquid out, loosely packed

Serving suggestion (optional)
125 ml Heavy (double) cream optional
6 Strawberries optional


Recipe Instructions/Helpful Tips
can be seen here

Need help with weight/measurement conversion
see here

If you are just starting a low carb diet/lifestyle you may feel confused with which low carb flours to use. You may never have used any of them before and how to use them properly can be daunting. Low carb flours do not behave like wheat flour, and how to use them in your old regular high carb recipes is a common question. Of course you may also be interested, or want to know more about them. If that is the case then Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' site has a very good guide, why not read it! Find it here


Dear reader, a variety of articles and recipe suggestions are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

JFM said...

Definitely going in my recipe journal!!!
Thank you, Jan ☕

Laura. M said...

Gracias por esta receta me encantan las dos cosas Jan.
Buen fin de semana.Cuídate 🙋🎂🍴☕
Un abrazo.

Martha said...

This looks and sounds delicious!

Tom said...

...yummmmmmy!

Divers and Sundry said...

looks delicious! and pretty :)

Little Wandering Wren said...

I'm really thinking I want to go back and be a mother trying to get my kids to eat their greens again - you mean I can just serve them up chocolate cake? Brilliant love it!

Anita said...

Looks very tasty and good!Nam!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds delicious! Valerie

William Kendall said...

I still have never eaten zucchini.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh Yum! and so delicious looking ~ unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate ~ sigh

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Elephant's Child said...

I knew about beetroot chocolate cake, but courgette and chocolate is new to me. Thank you.

happyone said...

mmmmm I'd like a piece of that right about now. :)

Rose said...

This looks delicious.

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

DVArtist said...

Ooohhh this looks delicious.

Debbie said...

YuM!!!

Margaret D said...

The looks and sound wonderful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It certainly looks good. I bet it's moist, too.

Jo said...

It looks delicious, especially with those strawberries on top.

My name is Erika. said...

I love chocolate zucchini cake-and thanks for the gluten free recipe. Too bad they were a bust in my garden this year. :( Happy weekend!

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, boy! I hope there's more zucchini coming from the garden

Sami said...

Looks delicious Jan, I've saved it :)
Have a lovely weekend

Sue said...

I can't image courgette in a cake, but then again carrot cake is one of my favourites! Take care and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Christine said...

I'm drooling!
This brings back childhood memories of a relative's similar type of cake. It was so delicious.

Gloria Baker said...

Absolutely love this Jan! xo

Bob Bushell said...

Yummy yummy, I feel the taste on tongue, beautiful.

Marco Luijken said...

That must be delicious. It looks so tasty.
You make always a new surprise.

Greetings, Marco

Nash24x7 said...

Looks delicious, I've saved it.

NatureFootstep said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm seems delicious.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a clever, delicious idea.